Hay For Isopods and Breeding

ever tried feeding hay or grass clippings to your isopods

• Total voters

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Ok so, i started using hay in my dwarf white tub to see how itd work bc ive read about people finding full colonies under hay bales on farms n whatnot. Anddd they now all congregate and breed in the hay and strip the hay clean and i was honestly not expecting that reaction. They seem to favor it more than some of the armadillium i also tried this with. Just thought that itd be cool to share if you guys are interested in finding what your isopods favorite foods are like i am. Have any of you had luck with some more unorthodox or random food for your isopods?

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok so, i started using hay in my dwarf white tub to see how itd work bc ive read about people finding full colonies under hay bales on farms n whatnot. Anddd they now all congregate and breed in the hay and strip the hay clean and i was honestly not expecting that reaction. They seem to favor it more than some of the armadillium i also tried this with. Just thought that itd be cool to share if you guys are interested in finding what your isopods favorite foods are like i am. Have any of you had luck with some more unorthodox or random food for your isopods?
Interesting! Was this alfalfa hay? Not straw, correct?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
That is very interesting, I may have to try that. What kind of hay was it?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Perfect, i guess i need to work on my braiding skills too :) Thanks! lol
On a serious note, many chickens have died through eating lawn clippings. I personally wouldn't risk it. rather buy a small packet of hay/straw that are sold for bunnies.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
On a serious note, many chickens have died through eating lawn clippings. I personally wouldn't risk it. rather buy a small packet of hay/straw that are sold for bunnies.
How did they die? Herbicide? Fertilizer? Or is there something in the grass itself. Just thinking if you have your own yard, and you know what's been on it or how its been treated....

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
How did they die? Herbicide? Fertilizer? Or is there something in the grass itself. Just thinking if you have your own yard, and you know what's been on it or how its been treated....
Lawn treatment of various kinds, apparently stay in the ground and root system for quite some time.