Havent seen my 1'' LP sling since I bought it.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Ive read about this species hardly burrowing and how they make a good display T but mine has been burrowed since the first day we brought it home. June 8. Hmmmm...Hopefully she drops the behavior once she gets settled in and grows a little.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
They tend to be nervous the first few months and will burrow but as they grow they get bolder and stay out in the open :)

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Iv never owned one but are you sure it's alive.
Im sure it is..Its actually burrowed against the acrylic container but i only get view of its legs once in awhile..

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

They tend to be nervous the first few months and will burrow but as they grow they get bolder and stay out in the open :)
Thanks!..I hope this will be the case with mine.

Niloticus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im sure it is..Its actually burrowed against the acrylic container but i only get view of its legs once in awhile..

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Thanks!..I hope this will be the case with mine.
Well, in that case, I usually continue to provide the necessary humid conditions a specific species requires, then, I wait a few weeks.. If there is no way of entry for food items to T, I unfortunately dig up the habitat enough to see the spider and allow room for the spider to get it's prey.

Niloticus

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Well, in that case, I usually continue to provide the necessary humid conditions a specific species requires, then, I wait a few weeks.. If there is no way of entry for food items to T, I unfortunately dig up the habitat enough to see the spider and allow room for the spider to get it's prey.

Niloticus
There is an entry, but it never comes out, and i know its eating because the crickets seem to disappear. Im not really concerned about its health really, I take very good care of all my T's providing the fair temps, etc..I more anxious to see it than anything really. But thanks.

zbrewer88

Arachnopeon
Same experience

My LP is now around the 4" mark, but I got it when it was 1/4" and it stayed out in the open. Once it got up to about 2" it dug a very deep and big burrow and stayed in it all the time. It molted twice in the burrow and lucky for me the burrow is against the enclose wall so I got to see it molt and I can see it at all times. It just molted last week and is just now starting to explore outside of its burrow. I caught it yesterday in the middle of the enclosure which I was pretty happy about considering I've hardly got to see her in all her glory. Yours will come around too in time.

arachnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 3 that I got at about 1/2" . 1 of them stayed out all the time ,never dug , and the other 2 borrowed and weren't seen again for several months . Once they reached about 2"-3" or so they stayed out and never borrowed again . As long as they're eating don't worry about them , they'll be fine and sooner or later they'll come up when they're ready to.