Hate to clown on these guys but...

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If they think that is great risk then they should try my house.=D And I am sure some others here can say the same thing.:D ;) :)

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
my pterror does the same thing whenever i look at her, only she starts hissing at me, too. then, for the rest of the day, i can feel all eight of her eyes boaring into me...just waiting for the perfect moment to attack me and start poking my eyes and pulling out my hair and hitting me on my head!

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
That post was funny... so is their website... they don't get around the Web much if they think that site's "new and improved" ...

sorry, I couldn't resist either... ;)

That, and the fact that their Vanatu 'pede is an "arachnid" ... :rolleyes:

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love how the proper use of English is optional online. The first line had me in hysterics. Is he commanding us to appreciate his hopping? If so, it really should read, "I hop, you appreciate it."

Sorry, big fella, taking a photo of a spider is not risking life and limb. Try administering medical care to an injured and ticked off baboon spider sometime if you want a real thrill.

I just got to the second page of their Arachnid pricelist. A. australis "should not be kept by anyone of limited mental capacity." Apparently that didn't stop these guys.

Last edited:

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow that is the stupidest thing ever. Risking life and limb for that shot. The spider wasn't even facing the camera. I am sure every single person with a digital camera and an angry spider has one of those shots. My Pterror will get mad if I breath near it.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, lol! I just hope that whoever took the shot was current with their life-insurance policy before he took the lid off that enclosure! :rolleyes:

Atrax

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If he really wants to risk his life, he should meet my ex....=D

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
ROFLMAO - this guy is in the wrong business - he should be an actor, or maybe with his gift for drama he should be the Croc Hunter's sidekick :D

Gail

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
chilobrachys huahini, oh yeah dont you just love them rearing up, how about an escapee that was on the loose about a month ago in my house Haplopelma minax oh yes she was on the loose she was missing for 3 days. I ripped apart the T room looking for her, then I gave up, the 3rd night I was taking my daughter to bed goin thru my bedroom, it was dark, then suddenly I heard the unique stridulating, I turned around seen a black silhouette on the wall , while holding daughter in arms I went over to turn on the lights, there she is on the wall rearing up at me (yes she was on the wall) so I put my daughter down, backup toward my T room for the net at sametme keeping an eye on Dr Evil --lol yes thats her name, I went to get her she jumped on the floor ready to run under bed then I caught her, now the hard part needed cardboard to go under net, I yelled for my son he brought the cardboard that took around 15 minutes (my son was sleeping), this all happened at 3:00am in the morning, you want another here it is
showing a friend a 5 " adult female selenecosmia dicromata, well Ill make it short, I opened the container she decided to bolt out of container, landed between us, He turned white up against the wall , I grabbed net caught her, putting her back she bolted agian landing between us then she ran toward me then got under stool, picked up stool she wasnt there, kneeled down to loook under steel shelf, wasnt there, my friend mike then said Jack its on your back, I said no *&^%#$ way it was that fast to get on my back you kidding around, he said nope im not kidding, I said shit I feel it, Mike net it, I felt it goin to the back of my neck, he caught it then he put it in the cage I grabbed lid sealed it, I went to living room , sweating bullets sat down still sweating bullets, mike asked does this happen all the time I said not like this usually its only rearing up not bolting from containers. sorry for long story but I do have helluva alot more... even when I was bitten by a poecilotheria ornata sub adult female but thats another story
Caio:D

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one of them and awful darn big and mean. She's 6" of terror and loves to strike at anything or anyone, but I also have an Asian chevron that is just as nasty.

Hey Haploman- would love to hear some more of your stories, if one of my nastys got on my back I am sure after re-capturing I would do more than sweat bullets! Probably have a heart attack and hit the tequilla afterwards!:D

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey! was wondering why u always refer to these as Pterror(pardon my ignorance), am i even on the right track?
This Chylobrachis sp. is what u call Pterror ?

:D
And is Pterror an asian sp.?
Chylobrachys is very common around here.

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
that's krystal and holley's pet (heh) name for their various pterinochilus. i think it's mostly the usambara's...they're neat

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL

That link was just too much..LOL :D:D:D:D:D=D =D =D =D

Kenny

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
as much as i would love to take credit for coming up with something as funny and witty as "pterror," i am afraid all credit is due to holley solely.

so holley--here's props to you! (hits chest twice with hand, then does some funky hand maneuver).

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah....T humour....:D
heh heh

But at least i learned some of the jargons used here :)

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jobe,
My Malaysian giant tan(Chilobrachys sp.) and my Asian chevron(Cyriopagopus paganus) are most definately two of my nastiest tarantulas that I have. I still love them but my Chilobrachys-which is called Miss Nasty done a number and a half on a mouse and I seen just how potent her venom is. My other one I call Tryton does nothing but stridulate even when I just touch her cage. I love it when they act like that and Asians are one of my favorite spiders along with poecs. I am sure since you live in Malaysia the Giant tan is very popular there. Lucky you!!!!!! You are around a bunch of them. I don't mean nothing as an insult was just saying those are two of my meanest ones.