hasn't eaten for more than 2 months

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes, I know there are lots of topics like this, but in my case we're talking about a 4th instar G. pulchra that hasn't eaten since 11/24/10 and I don't see any pre-molt signs.

I have it since 10/31, I've fed him 4 times since i have it 11/3, 11/9, 11/15, 11/24. Since then he hasn't accepted any prey (tried with dubia, laterallis and mealworms). I thought he's gonna molt soon, but nothing. I keep him at around 22-24 Celsius.

A pic taken today:

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
He's plenty fat so I wouldn't worry about him not eating. Just keep offering prey once a week and keep misting. He will probably molt soon and will start eating again for you as soon as he is hardened up (5 to 7 days after the molt).

webbedone

Arachnobaron
That fatty would be fine if he didnt eat for another 2 months, when i got my G. pulchra sling it some times took over a month (from the first signs to the flip over) for it to begin its molt so i wouldnt worry about it mist the substrate a bit and you might induce one, he looks ready to go

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Id just make sure you keep him hydrated and you should be fine. I only offer my G. pulchra food every 2-3 weeks and they are doing great

Upjohn252

Arachnopeon
How do you know its a male? It seems to be growing slowly, so it could be F

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Oh BTW, I have a G. pulchra sling I got 2 days ago, and it is constructing a burrow, nothing fancy requiring a degree in Architecture, but I thought pulchras were strict terrestial?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
congrats on the molt! :clap:

that little guy (or girl) got big... time to switch out from the pie slice dish. lol

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I haven't fed my G. pulchripes (~0.5") in like 6 months. He's still nice and fat, looks like he's going to molt in a month or so. Ts don't have to be fed every week. I feed by abdomen size and that can be once a month or every two months.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
[/COLOR]Oh BTW, I have a G. pulchra sling I got 2 days ago, and it is constructing a burrow, nothing fancy requiring a degree in Architecture, but I thought pulchras were strict terrestial?
I think you are misunderstanding what a 'terrestrial' T really is. :)

Here is an informative post on it, by Stan Schultz. And here is the thread that it came from, to see others thoughts on it.

lazarus ~ Congrats on the molt! Fasts are not uncommon, but they do make you worry when it first happens to you. ;)