Has Anybody Ever Seen

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Has anybody ever seen a albino emporer for sale i think that would look cool a all white scorp.:D

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't know if this applies to scorps. But, Ts don't get their coloration from pigment, because they have none. Amelanism is a lack of pigment. I don't know if scorps possess pigment. But, if they do, then amelanism is certainly possible. I do agree a white scorp would be an interesting sight. :)

Bry

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Same with scorps and all inverts...there are no albinos as there can be with higher animals like Mammals and reptiles.

John
];')

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually, I have. However, it isn't alive. When I was much younger, I had quite the collection of P. imperator. Occasionally, I had a scorpion die. I always tried to preserve my scorpions...usually in alcohol and a jar. Well, on one occasion, I ran out of alcohol and used Hydrogen Peroxide. In a couple of years this guy turned an eerie orange/white color. Kinda cool looking.

W. Smith

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Taken from "Scorpion Biology and Research", edited by Brownell and Polis, page 96:

Albinism, a specific lack of pigment, is known in anthropods, including crabs, insects and isopods. Albino scorpions were described by Locket (1986) from a normal population of Urodacus yaschenkoi from South Australia.
The reference in the quote is:

Locket, N.A. (1986) Albinism and eye structure in an Australian scorpion, Urodacus yaschenkoi (Scorpiones, Scorpionidae). J. Arachnol. 14: 101-115

Cheers,
Dave