Species Harpactira pulchripes

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I am quite proud to show her off. I just acquired a P. metallica sling today at repticon in Franklin TN. I will be curious to see which is prettier... I think it will be close

cold blood

Staff member
Good to see these in the hands of more people...especially a female! It seems that females are particularly hard to come by if Mike Jacobi's experiences are any indication. I can't wait to see some for sale in the classifieds one day!:clap:

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good to see these in the hands of more people...especially a female! It seems that females are particularly hard to come by if Mike Jacobi's experiences are any indication. I can't wait to see some for sale in the classifieds one day!:clap:
Yeah I paid a pretty penny for her but she was so worth it! I hope to breed her one day and make these more accessible to other T owners. They are truly stunning

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Been awhile since I posted a new image of one of my favorite spiders and one that I was honored to be the first American to import and then be the first American to breed. Here's a beautiful subadult female Harpactira pulchripes.

Harpactira pulchripes, subadult female

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Today mark's the one year anniversary of my American first breeding of Harpactira pulchripes. Today's entry in my Kiss My Big Hairy Spider blog (the 119th edition of my blog!) details the story of how I imported the first slings of this species and eventually paid a fortune for the females that allowed me to successfully breed the "golden blue-legged baboon spider".

Here is a photo of one of my holdbacks, photographed today on its first birthday.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Ok so this is probably one of the worst pics I've IMG_20160625_151532113.jpg posted on AB as far as clarity, lol....but perhaps I can get some input on this. This is the best I can get. Molt about 2" span.

Mattkc

Arachnopeon
This is my now 2.25" girl showing off her new "skin" on Christmas! This species has great colors early on...
H. pulchripes.JPG

SysAdmin

Arachnopeon
Beautiful T you got there

You're lucky to be able to get your hands on this species.
But then again, it's a bad idea to have it on your hands

mellow

Arachnobaron
so cool! I like the color of Harpactira Pulchripes more than I like the color of Poecilotheria metallica! :D

Goldie Orfina

Arachnopeon
Thanks! I always notice random things then need to ask about them.
Beautiful T by the way! I love the green on the carapace.

19N9ne1ne

Arachnopeon
Thanks! I always notice random things then need to ask about them.
Beautiful T by the way! I love the green on the carapace.
No problem :) keep it in there so she can have some moisture and get a drink when she's thirsty. It's more of a golden color but It's poor lighting and a bad camera lol. But I agree, she's beautiful!!!

Eadaein

Arachnopeon
My junior Harpactira pulchripes wanted to show off today. I'm always happy to snap a few pics when they're out and about. All was good until I attempted to fill the water bowl, then I got a little threat pose. Adorable when they're small, when they are full sized it's not so cute lol. (Altho I like to think of threat poses as their way of trying to give you a hug haha)
Here's the nice pulchripes and the grouchy pulchripes lol. Beautiful colors already!

Attachments