happy mixed with sad

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well, got my shipment of slings today from Swift (wonderful man)... unfortunately the little smithi didn't make it :(
*sniffle* *sniffle*
but all of my other little cuties made it ok... my little curly snagged 2 crickets before i'd even had him settled in completely :D

anyways, i'm happy because we got 3 new slings (curly, pink zebra, and a chaco golden) and they're gorgeous!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congradulations on the new slings. :)
Sorry the lil smithi didn't make it. :(
Is he replacing it?

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes, he said he'd replace it... but that i'd need to cover the shipping again, so I was thinking, what the hell, i'll get another little sling... i was thinking possibly a versicolor.... or an A. Seemanni....

so happy about the other slings tho (early 21st b-day present to myself) :D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Inuleki
well, got my shipment of slings today from Swift (wonderful man)... unfortunately the little smithi didn't make it :(
*sniffle* *sniffle*
but all of my other little cuties made it ok... my little curly snagged 2 crickets before i'd even had him settled in completely :D

anyways, i'm happy because we got 3 new slings (curly, pink zebra, and a chaco golden) and they're gorgeous!
I received my slings in the mail today as well. (There's a whole big drama behind it I'd rather not go into because I'm having a really bad day today.) I'm so sorry about your Smithi not making it. :( What was your freebie? I got a Giant White Knee.

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the freebie was the pink zebra, and she's just adorable :D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
oh no!!!!

Sorry to hear about the Smithi..but Kelly is a really fair guy, Im sure he will take care of it. Make sure you email him.

ZILLA-Wonderwoman:
Sorry you are having such a bad day. Hopefully you are not upset over your shipment of slings?

(p.s. I have a chaco goldenknee, and a giant whiteknee...which is now burrowed and not eating like everyone says they do..*sigh* It must have communicated with the others that it is FUN to stress me out. Maybe it talked to my kids...who knows..)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the freebie was the pink zebra, and she's just adorable :D
Ooooh! Is it a baby? I own an adult Pink Zebra Beauty. She's a very nice, docile Tarantula. Which is not what I can say concerning the Whitenee. What have I gotten myself into with this little monster?! I can't believe how incredibly cute they are. They are like small, hairless version of the adults. My bedroom is really going to be off limits to cats now. I can't chance any more mishaps. I just hope my Cobalt blue will be alright.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: oh no!!!!

Originally posted by rapunzel
Sorry to hear about the Smithi..but Kelly is a really fair guy, Im sure he will take care of it. Make sure you email him.

ZILLA-Wonderwoman:
Sorry you are having such a bad day. Hopefully you are not upset over your shipment of slings?

(p.s. I have a chaco goldenknee, and a giant whiteknee...which is now burrowed and not eating like everyone says they do..*sigh* It must have communicated with the others that it is FUN to stress me out. Maybe it talked to my kids...who knows..)
I think I'm more upset about my Cobalt Blue. She was doing very good until my cat decided he had to topple her petpal. She's not hurt but she's been clinging to the top corner of her tank all day. Other than that the slings are fine. I'm quite certain my local petshop does not carry pinhead crickets after I've see how really tiny they are. It makes feeding my slings very interesting to say the least. My Brazilian Red and White has already consumed one I put in with it. I can tell already that one will be a beast.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
cat problems...

what i did for my t's that are in petpals...

I bought that industrial type velcro stuff. The stuff that is sticky on one side....and I stuck it to my dresser, and the other side to the bottom of my petpals.
It isn't a cure-all..but it sure helps with the stinkin kitten doing one of those "fly-bys"..you know..the runnnnnn-jummppp-swipe---runnnn before the pillow or foot can get me" maneuvers.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: cat problems...

Originally posted by rapunzel
what i did for my t's that are in petpals...

I bought that industrial type velcro stuff. The stuff that is sticky on one side....and I stuck it to my dresser, and the other side to the bottom of my petpals.
It isn't a cure-all..but it sure helps with the stinkin kitten doing one of those "fly-bys"..you know..the runnnnnn-jummppp-swipe---runnnn before the pillow or foot can get me" maneuvers.
I think I'm just going to duct tape my Cobalt's enclosure to my dresser and get it over with.

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, my little pink zebra is only 1/2"... that's why she's cute... when she gets big, then i'll use other really bad adjectives like, "prettiful" :D

but, my curly has now viciously eaten 4 defenseless little crickets! he's also only 1/2"!!! he's such a little predator.. tee hee

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
If pinheads are unavailable in your area you might try freezing large crix, derosting them and putting them in with the slings.

I've had some success with 1" curly slings devouring a whole large fresh-frozen-deffosted cricket in one sitting. Some of the others won't touch 'em. But what the heck, it's worth a try!:)

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, i've had a few ideas on how to feed them when the little pinheads run out... the local pet store has the crickets that are about 1/2 and inch, so i thought i'd just cut those in two and drop em in on the slings :D (something along the lines of "Surprise!!! hahahahahaha!!!") not really.. but you know...

and to save any confusion for anybody, indigoeyes lives with me (my loving g/f)....

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah, my little pink zebra is only 1/2"... that's why she's cute... when she gets big, then i'll use other really bad adjectives like, "prettiful" :D

but, my curly has now viciously eaten 4 defenseless little crickets! he's also only 1/2"!!! he's such a little predator.. tee hee
Yes. They are adorable. Mine are doing pretty well. They've just been hanging out in their deli cups on their substrate getting acclimated to the new surroundings. I'd post pics but my camera's batteries ran out of electrical charge. I think I'm going to go buy some Lithium Batteries at Wal-Mart that last longer than the standard Double A's.

Oh and I see what you mean rapunzel about White knees being avid burrowers. The only thing I can see of my Whitenee sling is its cute little bum. :D

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by terridumonte
If pinheads are unavailable in your area you might try freezing large crix, derosting them and putting them in with the slings.

I've had some success with 1" curly slings devouring a whole large fresh-frozen-deffosted cricket in one sitting. Some of the others won't touch 'em. But what the heck, it's worth a try!:)
for very small lings I often use rear legs from adult crickets, just about all lings will readily take them.
Ed

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by atavuss
for very small lings I often use rear legs from adult crickets, just about all lings will readily take them.
Ed
I think my major question is about the picky eaters who love live prey, like most arboreals. I have a Cinnamon pinktoe sling who probably just like the A. avicularia, prefers live food over dead.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
I think my major question is about the picky eaters who love live prey, like most arboreals. I have a Cinnamon pinktoe sling who probably just like the A. avicularia, prefers live food over dead.
You know what? I answered my own question. Hah! I did some searching on the web and I found the perfect place to buy all sizes of crickets. I thought I'd like to pass this info along, especially to fellow sling owner Inuleki, for anyone who has slings but do not have petstores that sell pinhead crickets. Here's the link:

http://www.timberlinefisheries.com/cricket_size.html