Happy Dance

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You ever feed a T and seemingly before the cricket or whatever your feeding hits the ground its being killed? Thats because in the time that the prey is falling the T is making the determination if its food or not, and if it is food is it small enough that it can kill it. And if it is then its all instinct from there. Dead dead dead. {D
Alll of that happens in a fraction of a second based on air movement by the prey ect ect and its all sinsed by the hairs on the T in the time it takes you to blink.
my T. plumipes sling does what you just described almost every time i feed it. i'll open the top of it's cube and it comes out of the burrow. i'll drop in a feeder(cricket or roach) and it's almost like a perfect pass. it never reaches the ground. quick and easy. :D

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most Ts have the worst eyesight ever. They in theory can see huge looming shadows of things like your hand coming at them, but they really rely on feeling vibrations in the air and ground that let them know how big whatevers moving around them is.
You ever feed a T and seemingly before the cricket or whatever your feeding hits the ground its being killed? Thats because in the time that the prey is falling the T is making the determination if its food or not, and if it is food is it small enough that it can kill it. And if it is then its all instinct from there. Dead dead dead. {D
Alll of that happens in a fraction of a second based on air movement by the prey ect ect and its all sinsed by the hairs on the T in the time it takes you to blink.

Avics and Pokies are thought to have the best eyesight of all Ts. Being as they are a bit more active in stalking prey and hunting then a ground dwelling T.
well done and very good :clap: :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: :worship:
£££ phil

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most Ts have the worst eyesight ever. They in theory can see... (Okay, it was just put up there 3 times. if you didn't see it, then that's kinda sad...)
Yeah, that was my second guess. the hairs act like a lot of antenae, or whiskers. those little three eyes on the Ts are just adorable, anyhow.

PS: kudos, Talken. you just got quoted three times in a row. :clap:

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G.Rosea always happy dances, but she does so with more gusto if she suspects there is another cricket in the tank to be had. She catches the first, dances, makes a mat, wraps the first cricket and places it in the middle of the mat then goes off hunting for the other one. When she's got both she'll sit and much them at the same time. I accidently dropped five crickets in all in one go once and before I had a chance to pick them out she'd got them and had all 5 stuffed between her fangs trying to carry them about with her {D {D {D .

As for the eyesight aspect, if you read the TKG it actually points out that yes, tarantulas can see all around, but if you think about it they are mostly looking at their own knees.:D

Mustacherose

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Rosey does this, but she doesn't put down an 'eating mat' of web, like some other T's in this thread.
My B. Albo sling does this as well.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Finally have a T that does the dance! My rosie and metallica just stand on their toes and eat without doing a little jig at all. I fed my gimpy A. seemani tonight and he first stood on his tip toes and rocked back and forth before dancing. I wanna see if the P. murinus will do it now. {D

Staples

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosea does it whenever she eats. I am not sure whether it is before or after she starts digesting it, but I think it is before. When she does it I can see her spinning a very fine layer of webbing all across the substrate. She does it so much that sometimes the entire top of the substrate can be moved around like a carpet, but I don't mess around with what she did unless I am cleaning.