Haplopelma Setup -- Too Big?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I put my Haplopelma aureopilosum into a new setup. I'm not sure if it is too big or not. It does give it some more burrowing room. The Haplopelma s'ling is probably between .75 and 1 inch.

Here are a couple shots of the vivarium. Tell me what you think.

Big Dragonfly

Top View:

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is the side view. Oh yeah, the diminsions of the vivarium w/ lid on are: 3.5" x 3.5" x 6".

Last edited:

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think your setup is fine.. your setup is 3 times bigger than mine... I'm using a plastic cup... here's a pic.

Attachments

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Theraposa
I think your setup is fine.. your setup is 3 times bigger than mine... I'm using a plastic cup... here's a pic.
Your's doesn't look that much smaller than mine. Anyways, you have more substrate for yours to burrow in.

Big Dragonfly

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah.. you see that plastic flower..? it burrow down about 2 inches and using the flower as an entrance... did yours burrow yet?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I have my H. lividum sling in something that is probably too big for it. It's in a rectangular plastic container, shaped and proportioned like those that Martin posted on his adult Haplopelma pic posts a while back, but about 5 inches high overall. I have the vial in it still,(on it's side) and that's about all the clearance there is to the top. I still haven't mastered moving slings out of vials without them going nuts on me.

Bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
I still haven't mastered moving slings out of vials without them going nuts on me.

Bill
I have really taken to the bathtub method of working with t's that I don't trust. I can usually coax the sling t out of its vial by brushing its back legs softly w something long. After the t gets out of the vial and stops running in the bathtub, I take the larger vial and put it on its side, with the opening facing the tarantula. I then coax the tarantula into moving again, and it almost always goes straight into the larger vial. I then that the large vial, and turn it over at an angle, with the lip of the vial on the new substrate, and let the t slide gently down it into its new home.

Big Dragonfly

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly

Here are a couple shots of the vivarium. Tell me what you think.

Top View:
Exactly what is in that waterdish? Rat intestines ?

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Re: Re: Haplopelma Setup -- Too Big?

Originally posted by Vys
Exactly what is in that waterdish? Rat intestines ?
They rather look like smooth aquarium stones...