haplopelma minax molting problem

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi all.
today i woke up about 2pm and noticed my minax was upside down and looked as though she had half molted.
i left her alone, but coudnt really makeout how she was without taking the lid of her tank.

i looked about an hour later her molt seems to be all off, the carpace is off and her body is out but i think maybe one or two legs are still in, she wasnt moving when i took the lid off and it smelled abit so i thought she was dead, then she moved, well twitched her legs real fast so i quickly put her back.
at the moment she is still upside down and hasnt moved atall, not even away from the molt.
she was missing a leg before she molted so im worried she is stuck.
and im pretty sure she has been like this for a while, i woud have thought she would have started to molt last night in the dark not today, if so she has been there for more then 12 hours, and since she moved she must be alive, but im not sure if she is dying or if she is just resting.

what do you think i should do?
its 18.05pm here right now, she is still on her back and hasnt moved atall.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok update. shame no one answered.
decided to intervine, terns out she was stuck, one leg was stuck and the other was stuck and deformed. and as of now another of her legs looks weird also.
i have no experience so me and my bf helped her, she was alive and kicking, but she coudnt upright herself and was trying to bite, so she is still quite alive but im not thinking she will make it :(
we just had to do what we could which was to pull the molt away as carfully as we could and one leg is still in the skin and another is still on her but all twisted up.
we put her in an icu tub and have left her in a dark place for the next 24 hours, she is still on her back.
there was some juice stuff coming out of one of her leg sockets dont know if it was the bad kind, you know tarantila blood(forgot the name)

i just think 99% she is going to die, but i tried, i know she defenetly was stuck and not just resting and now we will just have to see.
if she does make it she is gonna have 2 legs missing maybe with a 3rd not really working, will she be able to walk around with 7 legs?
alo i hae the molt here half of one of her legs is still inside the skin, so thats another thing to worry about because im guessing it will be an open wound.

james wants to leave her alone for the next 24 hours but do you think i should check on her, do anything?
i dont have anything like glue to fix her wound.

if anyone can help asap id be really greatfull.
in fact if anyone can help over thephone pm me and i can give you my mobile number.

Lucas

Arachnopeon
ok update. shame no one answered.
thats because most of usa are sleeping as your in the uk ;)

there was some juice stuff coming out of one of her leg sockets dont know if it was the bad kind, you know tarantila blood(forgot the name)
hemolymph ;)

if she does make it she is gonna have 2 legs missing maybe with a 3rd not really working, will she be able to walk around with 7 legs?
how many legs do you think spiders have :S lol

if she will be missing 2 legs she will have 6 left ! and if one ist working then she will have 5. but yea she will be able to get around will take her a while to get used to it tho

do you think i should check on her, do anything?
i dont have anything like glue to fix her wound.
yea keep an eye on her and use flour on the wounds.. stops the bleeding ;)

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well spiders have 8 legs and two pedpalps which realy can be counted as legs, so thats 10. thats what i ment anyway. im no scientist so dont get all sciency on me ;)

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
p.s thanks for reply. hope by the time usa is awake my tarantula is still alive :S

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I believe that your boyfriend has the right idea - - give her some time to recover. If she was truly stuck then you did the right thing. The loss of the legs wont matter in time, but obviously there could be something else wrong that caused her to get stuck in the first place. Oh, and even the third leg won't matter - she can drop it herself if she needs to.

As for the Hemolymph - - hopefully it's not, and it's just moisture from the molt. If it is, then you've got to try and stop it - - I've heard flour works in a pinch, but someone said cornstarch wast better? Don't quote me on that one, I don't remember for sure. You can search for it though.

I hope she pulls through for you! I hate it when unexplainable things happen to the Ts.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well just checked her an hour ago, she died :(
i looked closer at the wound, looked weird like it had become infected.. just didnt look good, maybe while she was resting she was bleeding, if i had known maybe i could have helped, but im no expert.

also i found mites, so that just makes me angry, she must have ben wild caught and thats proberly why she lost a leg in the first place.
makes me sick importing wild animals, and yes i knowim a hypercrit for buying them.

this is the second H.minax to die on me.
its a shame she looked so beautifull, lovly color dark deep midnight blue and really soft.
such a waste :(

thanks everyone anyway.
just hope she diddnt suffer, i know they dont feel pain like we do but im sure she wasnt having a good time :(

Lucas

Arachnopeon
awww man, got up this morning to check this post and now im sad :(

im so sorry for your loss

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Awww - I was really hoping for a better outcome. So sorry that you lost a pet.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
damn! if it had mites that wouldntv helped any, at least u tried.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks all.
took the dead tarantula frozen to the petshop where i got it tried to explain that it had lost a limb when i bought it and i tried to hint that maybe i could get a part exchange, or a refund since i nly had her for a coupe of weeks, before i said this he was like things like this happen you vant help it and its a shame, as soon as i said well i think the molt had problems because of the lost limb and that it was prob wild caught he said well he probly bled to death and if you had left him aone he would have chewed his leg off.

hmmmm
i mean i waitied as long as i could i saw him like that and then left him for the whole day and he was still stuck, so i inspected him without touching and she was trying to move but coudnt, she coudnt upright herself to try to bte the leg off, so i felt i ha to at least try to help, maybe i was the reason she died, because maybe she did bleed to death and i feel so shitty about that, but i couldnt just leave her, she had been like that for over 24 hours, out of her molt but with a leg stuckm what would you have done, i know im not a surgeon or a pro but i felt i tried and in a way im proud, although when i found her dead and knew she was defenetly dead i put her in the freezer as a kind of funerel and i actually cried i know how lame that is but i felt i tried and if sh had lived i would have bonded with her more but she died and i had that bond and now i feel as though maybe i made it worse.

i love my tarantulas and if i could id take a training course in arachnoid surgery. infact if there are any pros around my area id be wilig to be an apprentice.

but then again i dont think im an ammature, ive had tarantlas in the past and worked my way from a chilian rose to a haplopemla,an obt and a p.regais all pissy tarantulas and id had escapes, and mishaps, ive watched them molt and worry, ive tried all diffrent setups and gone from real huid tanks to dry tanks and found what works for me and my tarantulas.
so yeah id say im one of those experienced people who can say i can buy an advanced tarantula not a beginners tarantula.
maybe you wont agree, but in ending this long rant i need to tell my self i truely belive i did all i could and made the right desition, maybe things would have been better but we cant go back, we can only go foward and learn from this.

again thankyou for all of your supports :)

-bloodred