Haplopelma lividum acting odd or normal ?

missy

Arachnopeon
my Haplopelma lividum (cobalt blue) has decided to squeeze herself in to the front corner of her tank she was in her burrow yesterday, now she is in the corner, picture below. is this normal or strange ?.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If I were you, I'd add about 4 more inches of substrate because that T will want to dig itself a nice, deep burrow. Yes it's normal and to make it happy, you should accomidate.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Not acting normal... well, acting normal under the circumstances. You have a very nice setup for a ground dweller, the lividum is a digger though and will want to go down all the way. You will indeed have to add a lot of substrate. But I'd almost wanna recommend you get yourself a flat tank for that and put another T into this one you have there. (Do a search on "digger tanks", that will show you some excellent setups for these types of T's)

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Also, if he's a new spider, he's just getting used to his cage. My spider did the same thing, except he didn't burrow, he climbed. This was especially shocking to me, because he's a terrestial one. :)