Hands down the best way to remove the glue from containers

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
I can't remember the exact chemical term for this. Anti-cohesive? Anyway, certain substances, commonly oils, fill the molecular voids and creep onto the skin similar to how emollients work, making the skin undesirable as a bonding surface.
This same process can be used for many glued screw ups. One flat out amazing one is Marvel Mystery oil vs super glue. A minute or two and your fingers seemingly permanently bonded to the refrigerator come free. This process is used a lot in emergency rooms. If memory serves, glycerin works very well for certain sticky substances.

Memories of a pair of ~2 year old siblings extremely well super glued to each other and our very kind and gentle pediatrician Ted H. calmly applying the oil while singing nursery rhymes to the kids.
Would it be due to using a hydrophobic substance on another hydrophobic substance?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
It's been a while for me. While you people ponder and use the newest and latest, could you take a moment to explain those surgical adhesives that defy everything?
Which one are you talking about? The adhesive that is like superglue, but lacks the exothermic reaction?

The Snark

Old Timer
Which one are you talking about? The adhesive that is like superglue, but lacks the exothermic reaction?
I haven't kept up. Stuff like closure tapes and dressings that replace sutures and remain strongly attached for weeks. Some require special release agents to be removed.

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
I haven't kept up. Stuff like closure tapes and dressings that replace sutures and remain strongly attached for weeks. Some require special release agents to be removed.
It's been a while for me since I've read up on it. I might consult my pharmacotherapy book and see if there's anything on it. Probably not in there, but worth a shot.

darlingi

Arachnosquire
Tried this today, but for some reason I can’t get rid off the (coconut-) oil residue. I know it’s there because I see the typical „oil-film colors“ when holding the enclosure in sunlight. I’ve tried soap and vinegar, scrubbing excessively, but it’s still there. 🥲

The Snark

Old Timer
Tried this today, but for some reason I can’t get rid off the (coconut-) oil residue. I know it’s there because I see the typical „oil-film colors“ when holding the enclosure in sunlight. I’ve tried soap and vinegar, scrubbing excessively, but it’s still there.
Try laundry detergent. Much more powerful surfactant. If that only works marginally add some benzalkonium chloride. An extremely powerful wetting agent. Commonly sold as mold killer. Wear gloves and preferably a vapor respirator. BKC plays hell with mucus membranes in your sinuses.