Handling C.exilicauda.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This is where they start to get scary. They still don't look it, but I know better. I really have no inclination to handle the adults.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Dave,

You're as bad as that guy who posts pics of handling juvenile pokeys and cobalt blues :p cute little suckers though.

Bill

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I saw that, "Handling C. exilicauda" and I just had to check it out. *lol* Oh well. heheh... I've had to handle a C. gracilis adult once, but that was a real fast instance and man that joker was fast. Just about got away from me. Lucky me...I was faster.

adios,
edw. =D

Last edited:

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Yeah, the subject line was a bit misleading. They just aren't that scary when they are only little guys.

Cheers,
Dave
At that size, could the little bugger even pierce your skin, if it wanted to sting you?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Re: Re: Handling C.exilicauda.

Originally posted by whoami?
At that size, could the little bugger even pierce your skin, if it wanted to sting you?
I don't know. I suppose I could find out, but I'd really rather not. :) Personally, I suspect that it could not penetrate deep enough to be of any concequence -- especially not on the palm of my hand.

Cheers,
Dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You had me going too for a minute anyway. I remembered you asking a little while back if anyone was handling the hotter species and thought you had given it a try.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by conipto
You're as bad as that guy who posts pics of handling juvenile pokeys and cobalt blues :p
Bill,

Nobody is as bad as that guy ... nobody.

Cheers,
Dave

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im not willing to handle dangerous scorps yet, but I grew up handling venemous snakes. Used to catch a ton of cottonmouths on the bayou barehanded. My best friend took at least a dozen trips to the hospital due to our hunting trips as kids. Something tells me that in time ill get mildly stupid.

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
i have handled everything i own.. and there are some hots on that list, some not so hots, and a couple very hots, respect is required, fear is a bad thing, expect the worst, hope for the best, but if youre scared, dont do it.. nervous is ok.. just dont let the scorp know that.. but ive been handling things all my life that could harm or kill me, only thing thats ever tagged me is a few emperors, and a centipede, cant remember what species, but it was WC in alabama.. so its definately not hot.. and with the emps.. only reason i got tagged them was i was handling like 4 of them at once, and the other time was because he was about to crawl off my hand, so i pulled my hand in close to my body to keep him from falling and he got me on the belly

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Holy crap! this is a blast from the past!!

skinheaddave said:
I don't know. I suppose I could find out, but I'd really rather not. :) Personally, I suspect that it could not penetrate deep enough to be of any concequence -- especially not on the palm of my hand.

Cheers,
Dave
yes they can! one of my lil buggers got me while i was tranfering him. it didnt hurt bad, but i was suprised that it could penetrate.