hairs

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's a *pimple* not a reaction to a hair. You mentioned it only irritates you every few hours, that also says, "not a hair reaction". Personally, I've never seen anything that resembles a pimple. It's either just constant itching, constant itching with swelling, constant itching with a rash like area (and possibly swelling), or constant itching with hives (along with possible swelling and rash). Notice the constant itching part, *constant*, goes on for hours sometimes, drives you bugger mad.

You just got your first T AND it's a pinktoe, the odds of you getting hairs anywhere if you're not handling or cleaning out the cage are pretty much nil. If you handle, you'll still only get hairs where the T was (avics don't have airborn hairs). If you were cleaning and you rubbed well enough to cause a reaction on your face, your hands would be driving you mad, and, again, note the phrase, "constant itching".

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, Code's right. Constant itching/irritation. If you ever do happen to get a bristle, especially to the face, it won't really be a suspicion, you'll pretty much know it. Also, the effects of a bristle in the skin do not usually last more than a few hours.
Stop worrying so much! :)
It's important to be aware of the pros and cons of T keeping, but don't forget to have fun with your hobby.

See ya.

Atrax

Last edited:

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got some hairs in my nose once and around my lips and it drove me insane. If you had it you would know it in a second. It makes living life happily quite difficult for the time being.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that was the weirdest picture I have ever seen...I was waiting for a picture of a hand with a rash or an arm with hives or something...and then it's like..."PEEKABOO!" AHHH! :}