hair in ear?!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Something odd, has happened. For about a week, I've had a painful, yet itchy lump inside my ear, right above my earlobe. At one point, wearing glasses was downright painful. Thinking it a "zit", I left it alone. However, these usually heal within a week. (besides, wiping it with Stridex was a unique experience in pain)
The Stridex reaction told me right away it wasn't a zit. Of course, I thought immediately about t hair. 3 days before I noticed this, my smithi was being a real hair kicker. I was fishing out cricks, and she kicked twice. I didn't feel anything hit, so paid no mind.
Then, about 4 days later, I was getting blouses out of my blondi's enclosure, and she kicked hair so bad, you could see it. After this, I moticed a bump below my eye, on my arm, and, on my ribs. (despite having a shirt on)
My question is, should I have the thing in my ear checked? Will it go away, on its own?
(btw, if this needs to be moved to watering hole, please go ahead)
Peace,
Gillian

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd treat it for possible infection. It might be a T hair but it might be an ingrown hair.
If it's Real Real painful and Really bothering you, I'd get it checked, in case it's something other then a T hair.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gillian,
It should come to a head if its infected. Chances are it will clear on its own. IMO... The body has a way of taking care of these things. :)

Ernie

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Gillian, I would heartily recommend that you get a HEPA air filter and when you have to do any enclosure work with hair kickers run the thing on its high setting next to the enclosure. I have been doing this for some time now and if the t kicks any hairs you can actually see the hairs get sucked into the filter. since most of what I keep are aphonopelmas, grammostolas, and brachypelmas the HEPA filter really comes in handy.
can you imagine if one of those hairs had gotten in your eye/eyes? better to be safe than sorry.......
sorry if I sound a bit preachy here.
Ed

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I'd also recommend a HEPA filter, it works wonders...and I'm wondering.....what was your blondi doing with blouses?! hhahaahah! Is it wearing clothes now? =D

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I definatly am going to invest in a HEPA. With the twin's collection growing at the rate it is. I have a feeling that my computer room will soon be the computer/tarantula room..

It Used to be the dining room....

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Oh hell...:8o I meant boluses...
Anywho...I do believe I will invest in a filter. And, no, you don't sound preachy, atavuss.:) (truth be known, I've already dealt with hair in the eye) At the risk of sounding gross..I was doing laundry, when I felt a sharp pain in my ear. I put my hand up, to find a bit of blood. So, I guess it "popped" *ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*! Still..will I get rid of my blondi? No..she's too damn cool....
Peace,
Gillian