Hadrurus arizonensis pallidus scorplings

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anybody know the average # number of scorplings these have? I have one giving birth, wooowee:eek:, the scorplings are big, they must not have a whole lot them, I don't see many fitting in there.

psychofox

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sadly can't help you with your question, but congratulations with the brood! Not often we hear about broods from this genus, so well done:)

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I came across a wild caught female that had some babies. Total of around 10-15, big babies. Congrats, are they CB.

John

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She was going through the motions with a male I have, I went to bed because it was taking too long and found a spermatophore the next day, but that was a few days ago, so "no", not captive bred babies though they seem easy to mate. Maybe another native taken for granted. I think if I lived in a diff country, I'd be wanting some of these pretty bad.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Still very cool. I know what you mean by our lack of appreciation of our native species. You might have a hard time moving the babies. I keep telling myself I'll start a CB breeding program on my own. I just don't have enough room.

good luck raising them.

john

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got my gravid H.arizonensis pallidus yesterday, hopefully she ll pop soon :D
Good luck raising them, as i know they have a pretty bad reputation to die off when they molt

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a feeling that it's not important that the 1st instars hang around on the mother's back with this species. I remember another thread where the 1st instars where on the ground and molting instead of molting to 2nd instar on the mother. This 1st instar scorpling isn't on the mother's back either, though I did see it there once. Something could be off, or it could be normal. It's very mobile for being a 1st instar compared to other species, could be mistaken for a 2nd instar if I didn't know better. btw, ..just one lol, I haven't seen anymore, not yet anyway and I don't think she's eaten any.

scorpguy

Arachnopeon
Hey, I know its been a while since anyone posted on this tread but I was wondering how things turned out with the babies. How many were there, how many have survived, have you had success getting them to molt?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The female and the one baby it had died at the same time. I still have the male he's doing fine. She may have been old, who knows when you buy adults.