Hadrurus arizonensis - first scorp in a long time

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently have decided to aquire a Hadrurus arizonensis. I have read they are relatively easy to care for, and their setup is pretty straight forward desert style substrate. I have had experience with the Emperor species , but it's been a good while. Are there any specific conditions, attributes to this species? Mainly the enclosure will be a 10 gallon seemless acrylic box enclosure and I used a typical yellow sand mixed with coir to give some structural capability for burrowing. Have not received the scorp yet I wanted to make sure the enclosure was perfect.

Any additional information about this species would be highly appreciated. Thanks all.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I recently have decided to aquire a Hadrurus arizonensis. I have read they are relatively easy to care for, and their setup is pretty straight forward desert style substrate. I have had experience with the Emperor species , but it's been a good while. Are there any specific conditions, attributes to this species? Mainly the enclosure will be a 10 gallon seemless acrylic box enclosure and I used a typical yellow sand mixed with coir to give some structural capability for burrowing. Have not received the scorp yet I wanted to make sure the enclosure was perfect.

Any additional information about this species would be highly appreciated. Thanks all.
Make sure it is an adult.

They are obligate burrowers and need a sand / excavator clay mix of 70 / 30 to construct burrows.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Make sure it is an adult.

They are obligate burrowers and need a sand / excavator clay mix of 70 / 30 to construct burrows.
Thanks for the info. So far every supplier online that have them in stock offers only adults, a few offer subs.
Is it difficult to raise plings?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the info. So far every supplier online that have them in stock offers only adults, a few offer subs.
Is it difficult to raise plings?
This species is more finicky to raise than others, you need to essentially have a very deep set up with a false bottom. You have to mess around with humidity numbers to an extent.

Much easier to just care for an adult. Give them the proper ratio of sand and Excavator Clay and let them go to town.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
This species is more finicky to raise than others, you need to essentially have a very deep set up with a false bottom. You have to mess around with humidity numbers to an extent.

Much easier to just care for an adult. Give them the proper ratio of sand and Excavator Clay and let them go to town.
And they're are one of the longest lived species of scorpion which gives added incentive to go with w/c adults.