H. swammerdami mating

jwanthony

Arachnopeon
sizes for two swammerdami mated

Female

Male

I'm just showing how big they really are and these pictures should clear things up.

Well they might not be the largest one you've seen in your life,

but certainly big enough for me and I'm very happy keeping these scorpions.

Bah! They are small..(even though I don't think so) :)

Last edited:

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks like the female is around 5.5 inches and the male is closer to 6 (measuring from the mouth to the end of the teleson). mine are about the same size, I haven't seen any that were much bigger in the hobby.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks a lot for the pics! I give up on trying to sex the ones over here, not completely though, maybe there is a trend with the tooth count but obviously nothing to depend on. So far going by your pics, the odds are that I prob have a pair or two so at least it made me feel better lol. Yeah the "size thing" has been sensationalized I think. I think, "on average", they may be only slightly larger than emps. I remember reading that the documented difference in the record length between emps and swammers was only something like 1/4 of an inch. So there maybe a wild emp out there larger than the largest swammerdami, who knows. I really like them though, communal imo, I've seen no aggression towards each other so far. I don't keep them together for long period though, I can't afford the risk, maybe I will try it if I get some breeding going some day.

ArQuinle

Arachnopeon
Thanks a lot for the pics! I give up on trying to sex the ones over here, not completely though, maybe there is a trend with the tooth count but obviously nothing to depend on. So far going by your pics, the odds are that I prob have a pair or two so at least it made me feel better lol. Yeah the "size thing" has been sensationalized I think. I think, "on average", they may be only slightly larger than emps. I remember reading that the documented difference in the record length between emps and swammers was only something like 1/4 of an inch. So there maybe a wild emp out there larger than the largest swammerdami, who knows. I really like them though, communal imo, I've seen no aggression towards each other so far. I don't keep them together for long period though, I can't afford the risk, maybe I will try it if I get some breeding going some day.
What do you think is the gender of the biggest swammer/scorpion In the record is it a adult female or male ive been trying to find it in net but i cant find