H. Spadix death

krtrman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i had a 2 inch h. spadix that recently died. it appeared to be plump and ready to molt until i checked in on it the other day and it was rather skinny and no shed. temp was 75-80 degrees with a sandy substrate and lots of hiding spaces. no mites or mold and got water every week. any thoughts on possible causes of death? no known injuries. captive born.

thanks, matt

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
water every week?

beware, better no water for hadrurus, water more often kill hadrurus sp. then a dry cage!

krtrman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just a spritz in one corner of the enclosure just in case.

ReptileMan27

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry about your loss :(, Misting isnt needed for H. spadix, a little water dish is all they need for water. You shouldnt let this stop you from keeping scorpions and learn from your mistakes;). Good luck:)

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Water & Hadrurus spp.

Personally, aside from a light monthly misting in one small area of the enclosure per month, I do not give my Hadrurus spp. water. None of my H. arizonensis, H. a. var. pallidus or H. spadix seem overly fond of a water bowl, and tend to bury it in substrate in short order!
Supply Hadrurus spp. with a varied diet of crickets, roaches and superworms and they should do fine without any supplemental liquids. Good luck!

Luc