H. minax question

znoopygr

Arachnopeon
I have a H. minax and she doesnt come out from her burrow 10 days now and i am not sure if she is eating cause i dont see her(i feed her small crickets and it might be a small possibility someone to escape or to became food ) but i know thats she is alive cause i see some activity in burrow gate the question is if she doesnt eat them would she get out from the burrow to hunt??? is she molting down there???

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a H. minax and she doesnt come out from her burrow 10 days now and i am not sure if she is eating cause i dont see her(i feed her small crickets and it might be a small possibility someone to escape or to became food ) but i know thats she is alive cause i see some activity in burrow gate the question is if she doesnt eat them would she get out from the burrow to hunt??? is she molting down there???
Be patient. Wait and see. Haplopelma are notoriously shy, and will be out of sight most of the time. Get used to it!

If the crickets are disappearing and you don't see them again, then it's likely she's eating them. If she's hungry and they manage to get out of the burrow, then yes, she'll come out.

Just leave her be, and relax. :)

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Be patient. Wait and see. Haplopelma are notoriously shy, and will be out of sight most of the time. Get used to it!

If the crickets are disappearing and you don't see them again, then it's likely she's eating them. If she's hungry and they manage to get out of the burrow, then yes, she'll come out.

Just leave her be, and relax. :)
Good post :)

I agree with Kori, both my H.lividum and H.albostriatum went under not shortly after when I received them. Only on rather rare occurrences do I get to see them out, and generally that is even at the slightest as they sit at the top of their burrows. Haplopelma are an obligate burrowing genus, they love to be in the substrate. Just keep it warm, and moist (80%) and they will be happier than a, well a tarantula in a burrow, lol. :D