H MACULATA molting

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Heteroscodra Maculata spiderling that I recently purchased and had sent to me has not been eating for a few days so i figured a molt was coming on. TOday I happened to be browsing pictures of them online and admiring their beauty. I decided to mist the jar mine lives in when i saw a brightly marked new spider sitting beside an ugly brown molted skin. Hooray. I will post a pic once i can get the spider near my webcam. i do not wanna disturb it.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

you would be wise to beware of their speed.
if i had taken my own advice, i wouldnt have one in my room somewhere...

-V

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
you would be wise to beware of their speed.
if i had taken my own advice, i wouldnt have one in my room somewhere...
Now that is funny. I expect I'm going to get one of these guys the next time I get more Ts. I'm not big fan of the OW Ts but they just look sooooo nice.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they do like to run...

Out of all the species I've kept it seems that the H maculata love to escape when you open the top more than anything else does. They are really quick too so have fun getting a pic. lol
Phil

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is actually extremely easy for me to take pics. Mine just layson the bottom of the jar. It is a very tall jar and he doesnt move much from the bottom he just walks around down there.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Vayu Son,
I have a 3.5" P regalis living in my house somewhere, if she isn't dead by now ...they are escape artists as well.
Not to mention, my bedroom is black and white...so what more could you ask for great camouflage?!

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I have a suntiger in my room too... i let crickets wander on the offchance that theyll meet. Heh, i have bad dreams about finding 6" exuviums in my boxers...

-V

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One time I had a Red Knee that escaped and i found him a long time later in thekitchen sink on a plate. I almost poured boiling water on him.