h."longipedum"Worried!

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
Im kinda worried about my h."longipedum" when i got her she was in a stress curl then took to her half log that is burried then webb'd up the entrance heavly now is out and dug a little ditch on the outside of her burrow entrance now she is in a stress curl once again i have kept the humidity up and everything else when i get money i plan to get the same large kritter keeper i keep my h.lividum "lucy" in with lots of substrate which will be in a couple weeks what should i do till then here are a few pics of the t

Attachments

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Your setup looks fine to me. The spider seems active when you aren't around. . .she's just shy.
Let her relax. Give her plenty of private time in the dark while you find the period and shift keys on your keyboard.
:)

-Garrick

eight

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That looks more to me like a I'm-jammed-in-the-corner-so-my-legs-are-bent-over-my-carapace curl.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
well after i took a few pics that turned out crapy she moved basically i jus checked on the enclosure and she is in the stress curl i plan on leaving the closet alone where all my t's are for a day or so maybe things will get better.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She looks fine. As Garrick said, she's obviously moving around a good bit while you aren't watching. She's just not comfortable moving around while you are there. That stance is the equivalent of a 3-year old child's "I'm invisible" face. She thinks if she scrunches up like that in the corner, you can't see her.

Botar

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Another potential thought - it looks like the substrate is kinda dry/loose - and perhaps not so condusive to burrowing. Maybe she decided she didn't like her current burrow, but is having trouble making another one - and is sitting there because she got frustrated :?

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
i mist her enclosure so the peat is pretty damp i dont think this is the problem she just started to web where she is i dont know whats going on?

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The enclosure looks somewhat smaller than what I would give a tarantula that size.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
like i said that is a temp enclosure and will be moved into a large kk when i have the money.