H. longimanus 3 weeks in premolt?

felmor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is this still normal guys? its like a 4i or lower insta H. longi, been premolt in 3weeks.. is this still normal? I tried to offer her/him a food but she/he just killed and left it... I also put a water dish even though it is too small since I'm really worried about him/her... :(

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In my experience this should be normal. I once had a brood of afs and some of them stay in pre molt for around a month. What i do is make sure they are hydrated enough before molt. I mist their enclosure everyday but did not over did it with flooding them. I still offer killed cricket once a week. Some will eat a lil bit a day before molting. So far no death on mine but my friend's one died

felmor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for the reply.. I provided a water dish but i'm still misting. I also make sure that temperature do not fall lower than 30 in the my enclo storage. thanks!

BradPitbull

Arachnopeon
thanks for the reply.. I provided a water dish but i'm still misting. I also make sure that temperature do not fall lower than 30 in the my enclo storage. thanks!
Don't make the substrate to soggy or you'll end up with a dead longi once it starts to molt too dry or too wet is not good for this species. :)

felmor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't make the substrate to soggy or you'll end up with a dead longi once it starts to molt too dry or too wet is not good for this species. :)
oh thanks. should I wet the whole substrate or just a part of it? thanks! :)

felmor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks dude, SHE/he has a place to hide, and SHE/he just molted this morning. wot :)
thanks guys.. I've also replace the substrate before SHE molted since I've seen mites :(

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good move! I experienced mites eating my molting invert before, definitely nerve wrecking experience :mad:
Congrate on the molt thou :p

IzMeED

Arachnopeon
Yo guys, this is my 5 instar H.Longimanus, can you tell if its premolt? Or just full? image.jpeg

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
If it is due for a molt it can take awhile, a week is nothing to them. It just needs access to water, a good way to keep it hydrated is to offer it a water bowl that it can soak its whole body in.

IzMeED

Arachnopeon
If it is due for a molt it can take awhile, a week is nothing to them. It just needs access to water, a good way to keep it hydrated is to offer it a water bowl that it can soak its whole body in.
She's molting now. 😂