H lividum out all day in the sun

goodyt

Arachnosquire
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365696546.768416.jpg

This is my MF that I took home from the ATS conference a couple of years ago. Usually she is very happy hiding and coming out during the day once or twice month. This week, though, she has been out all day everyday. Is she ok? What am I doing right to get to see her so much?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I have a rosie that goes in cycles. One month, she's right outside her hide almost 24/7. The next month (or two) I have a pet hole. I have found that she leaves her hide far more often if she is looking for food.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
some of my haplopelmas are by their entrance at all hours of the day waiting for prey to come by. I would say it could be because spring is starting, but I highly doubt that is the reason. another possible explanation its going to do a major overhaul of its burrow (how much substrate do you have by the way?) I have see some of my T's act like that right before they start digging deeper or alter their burrow.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is the temperature in her cage?
When was the last time she molted?
What is the humidity like? (I see from the picture the substrate appears to be pretty moist, so that may not be the issue).
I'm assuming she is still eating in a regular fashion?

The more information given, the more help we can give.

EDIT - Also, could there be some new disturbance or vibration in the area?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have an adult female who is a basker. Almost every afternoon as the sun briefly hits her enclosure, she is completely out of her burrow stretching and grooming. On overcast days she is deeper in the burrow or sitting in the entrance. The three males I raised from slings were more prone to come out at night, but I caught each on different occasions basking in the daylight.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
Formerphobe that sounds like what she is doing. The light is not too intense. Were you able to successfully pair you lividums?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Formerphobe that sounds like what she is doing. The light is not too intense. Were you able to successfully pair you lividums?
I raised 3 slings hoping that one would be female... all boys. I sent them off to their respective dating sites. Then I found a deal on an adult female. So, no. :)

goodyt

Arachnosquire
Males are awesome too. Congrats on you MF CB acquisition! :)