H. lividum at the local pet shop?

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looks better today than yesterday. Apparently it's had a meal and after raising the humidity in there per my suggestion it seems i dunno... sleeker and shinier -etown_411

uh - oh its been veiwed with the soon to be mine love goggles.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What i'm envisioning is with a tupperware buried in the middle of the tank the T would be restricted to about 2" wide section around the perimeter of the enclosure in which to dig. it could dig as deep as it liked but have to stay near the glass as the center of the tank is taken up by the tupperware. Kind of like an anthill, can you see it now? I'm not sure how it could excavate a chamber at the bottom though... I could post a sketch if you like. I think it might work but i wonder if it may be unhealthy for the bugger. The cereal box type container is probably better.

Ahhhh i get you now! lol But they'd still have to change the tank to allow the lividum space to burrow deep (coz that tank is NOT deep enough). My 4" Haplopelma albostriatum has burrowed right to the bottom in 10" of substrate....

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wonder what a haplo would do with like 24" of substrate if i could find the right container? It'd be pretty cool to see just how far down he'd go. I recall reading somewhere that rosea's burrow 18"-24" in the wild. I'm guessing that many species burrow that deep. If i ever had to get him out of the burrow however... that would suck.