H.franzwerneri pics

Stugy

Arachnolord
Absolutely beautiful! Great pictures! I hope to get some of those one day.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Thanks! A bit on the blurry side because I used my phone but I had a good time :)
I hope you get a few of them soon stugy :)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Thanks! A bit on the blurry side because I used my phone but I had a good time :)
I hope you get a few of them soon stugy :)
Thanks! The pictures did not look at all blurry to me! Maybe 'cause I don't wear my glasses correctly lol! I am planning to get some H.gentili soon which is practically an all-black version of franzwerneri.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
@LeFanDesBugs
Congrats on getting a pair of your dream Scorps
They're definitely 1 of my favs as well (incase you can't tell by my avatar)lol
Good Luck with them :)

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks! The pictures did not look at all blurry to me! Maybe 'cause I don't wear my glasses correctly lol! I am planning to get some H.gentili soon which is practically an all-black version of franzwerneri.
Be careful as Gentili is a lot more venomous than Franzwerneri (as im sure you know). Definitely one of the HOTTER ones

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Lol thanks for your support guys.. Yeah I had heard about H.gentili being way more potent than franzwerneri.. that was fortunate as I can't get anything too hot at the moment!
I'm not sure about the i8 females.. I thought males only reach i6 and females i7..

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Lol thanks for your support guys.. Yeah I had heard about H.gentili being way more potent than franzwerneri.. that was fortunate as I can't get anything too hot at the moment!
I'm not sure about the i8 females.. I thought males only reach i6 and females i7..
Males definitely reach 7i and I'm not sure about females reaching 8i but it's very possible My females weren't much bigger than my males but they all mated and produced tons of babies of which many people got them now :)

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
mmmh ok then I might not have a subadult pair but a "pre" sub adult pair, like 5i male and 6i female.. Because they aren't too big at the moment... at least not as big as I expected so this might be it!

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hottentotta franzwerneri used to be a subspecies of Hottentotta gentili. There are definitely a lot of similarities, especially when you look at the metasoma and telson.

I have 4 adult/subadult H. gentili. 3 are at 7i including one male, and one adult female is at 8i. The 8i female is huge, nearly twice the size of the other 7i specimens.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Sweet looking species! I'm envious!
Photos are very good, even when enlarged.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Hottentotta franzwerneri used to be a subspecies of Hottentotta gentili. There are definitely a lot of similarities, especially when you look at the metasoma and telson.

I have 4 adult/subadult H. gentili. 3 are at 7i including one male, and one adult female is at 8i. The 8i female is huge, nearly twice the size of the other 7i specimens.
I thought gentili was a subspecies of franzwerneri. I probably read the pdf wrong ("Overview of Genus Hottentotta" I think it was called? It's on Euscorpius. I'll go find it and edit this post with the link to it). That's pretty awesome with the size difference though! H.gentili is one of my top 3 dream scorpions second only to A.crassicauda :D

Edit: Here it is: http://www.science.marshall.edu/fet/euscorpius/p2007_58 full.pdf "No. 58: Kovařík, F. 2007. A revision of the genus Hottentotta Birula, 1908, with descriptions of four new species (Scorpiones: Buthidae). Euscorpius, 58: 1–107." Franzwerneri is in pgs. 19-22. Gentili is in pgs. 22-25.

Last edited: