H. Arizonensis Sting

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
Hey guys I just got stung by my H. Arizonensis a second ago because I was being an idiot. It jabbed me in the index finger and I felt a small little poke, I think it punctured my skin? I feel nothing but I was wondering for their stings:
-What usually happens?
-Do you usually feel anything right away?
-What to do if I have an allergic reaction?
-How long will the effects last for?
-When will the effects begin?
By the way this is my first time being stung by a scorpion and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks guys :(

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
How are you doing? Just saw this post now. Any reaction? From your description, it sounds like there might not have been any envenomation.

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
How are you doing? Just saw this post now. Any reaction? From your description, it sounds like there might not have been any envenomation.
Okay I'm sure I've been stung, theres a small hole. But yeah, I don't think I have been envenomated. Nothings happened. Thanks guys

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
Hey guys I just got stung by my H. Arizonensis a second ago because I was being an idiot. It jabbed me in the index finger and I felt a small little poke, I think it punctured my skin? I feel nothing but I was wondering for their stings:
-What usually happens?
By the way this is my first time being stung by a scorpion and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks guys :(
I’ve had my fair share of tags. You’ll feel the effects almost immediately. It’s always a localized pain that lasts 5-30 minutes in my experience but everyone’s reaction is different.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hey guys I just got stung by my H. Arizonensis a second ago because I was being an idiot. It jabbed me in the index finger and I felt a sall little poke, I think it punctured my skin? I feel nothing but I was wondering for their stings:
-What usually happens?
Okay I'm sure I've been stung, theres a small hole. But yeah, I don't think I have been envenomated. Nothings happened. Thanks guys
You have had a "dry " sting. Scorpions can regulate the amount of venom they inject - if any - Depends how pissed off they are at the time. You will know if it' s not a dry sting, even from Pandinus species.