H. araizonensis communal?

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering if I have two scorpions of any sex together and have them cohabitate for a long period of time. If someone who has done this could give advice that would be great.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im going to set up a community of desert hairies when i get the money but i dont care if their not ill just seperate them if they fight a lot

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry, can't help you to much, I'm wondering the same question. So far as I know it has been done, but as the saying for keeping scorps together goes "They're all communal till they're not" ~ Rex

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can try it, but be prepared to either separate them or deal with losses.

If you do a search, it has been done, but not with much success. There is also a member on this site with a pair together, but this is an ongoing thing and I would not use a single instance as proof.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am getting 2 in a trade and i have a ten gallon so I think it would work if I gave them like 7 inches of solid dirt to burrow in as well as ample amount of food. If they start to fight then I will put a divider in the middle.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am getting 2 in a trade and i have a ten gallon so I think it would work if I gave them like 7 inches of solid dirt to burrow in as well as ample amount of food. If they start to fight then I will put a divider in the middle.
i believe sand is the right substrate

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW that was embarrassing, I have been keeping T's and scorps for a long time and I said that! I meant sand it was a brain fart on my part.

Uncle Manny

Arachnopeon
Hadrurus

Six to eight inches of compacted sand (soaked, pressed and completely dried out) is the substrate of choice. Hadrurus are "fanatical" burrowers like
Opistophthalmus spp..

Generally, they are not communal. Two or three similar sized specimens may live relatively amicably if very well fed and in a housed in a large cage (15-20 gallon aquarium is best) with several places to hide and availability of burrowing. Mixing sizes will most likely lead to cannabalism.

They seem to need some moisture in a gradient. A shallow water dish, maybe two-- one toward each end of the enclosure-- should be supplied for (at least) 2-3 days a week.

Having done this, cannabalism may occur at any time.

When kpt individually they are excellent captives that will thrive for many years.

Hope this helps.

Uncle Manny