Guess That Spider

Status
Not open for further replies.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nothing on the first page "rules" indicate you can't use the net to research the picture or its whereabouts. ;)
I agree!
I'd be surprised if no one did any online research. When I see a photo, a name usually comes to mind. I search for photos of what I think it is and compare to the challenge photo. Making educated guesses is what this thread is about. It's a nice test of your knowledge too.
I don't want to make it too easy either. Sana posted a photo of what turned out to be a Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo and it was also the only Pampho on her invert list.

Last edited:

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
This a picture of your Tarantula??
"view image info tab" indicates its from the gallery of this Czech web page?
http://spidy.goliathus.com/english/acanthoscurria-suina-id224.html

From first page
"I've got a challenge/game for you guys. I will add a photo of a T I own and you have to guess the species, the first person to get the ID correct posts a pic of one of their T's and we then guess that and so on. Just figured a fun thread would be nice, I'm using a very generic looking sling for my pic so good luck haha. EDIT: Each person gets three guesses per photo"
I'm sorry I didn't know that it had to be one I owned. My bad. I take full responsibility.

MrsHaas

ArachnoPimpstress
Arachnosupporter +
Can u post pics of Google? Or only from ur collection?

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is anyone else going to guess on the spider I posted? Here's another shot of him. DSCF0163.JPG

cold blood

Staff member
Looks albiceps (ish), although the carapace isn't quite creamy white enough...looks Brachy to me.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
@z32upgrader Brachypelma kahlenbergi? I had a Brachypelma "vagans" that was really a cross with B. albiceps that looked almost identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.