Group Effert!

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This past weekend I had the opertunity to do some early spring late winter T hunting. The hunt produced, all t's are about 3 inches and not much bigger. Well I have quite a few 5 gallon tanks available, and after taking some of there natural dirt I decided to have 2 or 3 of the yonger Aphonopelmas live together. Now you might be thinking that Im stupid or something to that extent, but all of you should be aware that in the wild many t' burrows are only a foot are so apart about the same as a 5 gallon length wise. What I did first was put one t' in and alowed her to pick her burrow and start to dig it. When that spot was chosen I put a divider in and allowed the other one to dig his burrow. When they are both complete here in a few days I will take the divider out and see what happens. It is however my understanding that aphonopelmas are canabalistic, iv seen it first hand. Though I feel that these 2 will cohabitate just fine because of how they live in the wild, and how healthy they were when they were caught. What are your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Brandon,
I think it's a worthwhile experiment to undertake. In all likelihood, you'll end up with one, but you never know, and as long as you are prepared for it, I don't see why you couldn't.
I am doing something that nobody does either, which is co-habitating a mating pair of G rosea. It's been over 4 months, and they are still doing well.
I may be an anomoly, but I don't know anyone else that has tried it with this species.
Just keep good notes!

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I'd say theres no way to assume that you have a 100% chance of failure, but like Holley said, you'll probably end up with one. Although, since Aphonopelma species are still a mess, maybe you'll discover something usefull here.

Best of luck,

Bill