Gromgrom's Scorpion Picture thread

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh i see, really cool! I just asked my frend if he has any for sale, hope he does at a good price :D
Theyre really tiny if you didnt see ;) like an inch or so long. Theresa from T inc showed me some of her stock. I'd love to have a hive of them like I do the sculpts.

Xanthopus

Arachnoknight
i would love a ten gallon tank with a COLONY of them {D. But im on a tight budget right now and those orthochirus gotta wait haha. But i cant wait to get my hands on them! :}.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Parabuthus liosoma

U. mordax - gravid

C. gracilis new brood

I LOVE THE COLORS! This latest female gave me some ridicuously good looking babies. Sarcastro, Envyizm, and Ken all got a share of the brood. This one is 4i.

L. quinquestratus 4i

Tityus stigmurus 3i

Androctonus australis 2i

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
great pics grom.
i really like those gracilis.that baby on the tail of the bark is hilarious and so is that p.trans with its food.
keep em coming!!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
another big named vendor also has them for $35 each in the US. I dont have room for a tank for them to tunnel in... yet. gotta buy a new rack system here. first.
What kind of rack system do you use for scorps?You could PM me since this is way off topic or not,it's up to you.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kind of rack system do you use for scorps?You could PM me since this is way off topic or not,it's up to you.
Ah its okay. I just bought a new one today :D The $50 home depot 54" one, since my closet is too small for the 72" one. I'd recommend it. My buddy uses them too for his desert species so I figured I'd pick one up too.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The P. trans are hitting 4i! :D

C. gracilis
my favorite colorform

My favorite specie for a reason!

T. stigs, chillin. One just molted to 3i (not pictured)

Okay this isnt a scorpion but I recently picked this and the genic up for SUPER CHEAP.

she's such a calm sweetheart! never kicks!
T. stirmi

A. geniculata

OH YEAH, surprise! Two broods in the last 48 hours. Locals in Columbus Ohio will be getting these for free. Might sell more, or give them away on here too. All I know is everyone wants a colony :)

Our very own local,
U. mordax

Last edited:

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
wow nice! My P Trans is about to hit the 4i mark too! So fat its tergites are splitting apart from each other :D. I love ur T stigs and the tarantulas are just gigantic! Envy envy, nice collection my friend! Oh and gratz on ur 2 broods in 48 hrs :D.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Honestly. As much as i love the big massive theraphosa species... the genic is a great tarantula to have at that size... VEry impressive and still some color...

i'm itching to get these nhandu vulpines (Whatever they are now) this local petshop has.. Pretty good size, and seem pretty calm.

They've also gotten in some o. wahlberghi but they're a bit overpriced on both.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Hender

Honestly. As much as i love the big massive theraphosa species... the genic is a great tarantula to have at that size... VEry impressive and still some color...

i'm itching to get these nhandu vulpines (Whatever they are now) this local petshop has.. Pretty good size, and seem pretty calm.

They've also gotten in some o. wahlberghi but they're a bit overpriced on both.
Yeah a buddy of mine got me back into T's. Annddd they're both incredibly calm, and dont kick at me! Or try to bite (knock on wood). Really increases their value in my eyes, especially when I prefer Avics :)

I've never kept o. wahlberghi. I wouldnt pay more than $15 each for them. (Then again that's just my opinion)

Never heard of that Nhandu specie.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Lucky you, I have a nhandu chromatus but she/he is fiesty! Will kick hair when rehousing, i just fed her and in an attempt to lure her out with a roach treat, she grabbed it from my forceps and ripped the poor thing into 2. Opistophthalmus wahlberghis are fantastic looking scorpions, i love their built! I find them very unique too, u shld get one. I shld get one haha :D.

Shadowcompany

Arachnosquire
Very beautiful! Centruroides gracilis Is called "black wood scorpion" in our country China.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
new pictures. it'd take to long for me to label things and it should be pretty obs what everything is.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Nice scorpion additions Grom! By the look of the tubs of scorplings, im guessing you have your hands pretty full :D.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not really, sold alot, and acquired much more. I have like ten projects to last me through the winter.

Hornets inverts

Arachnobaron
Great scorps you have there, wish we could keep Cents over here :(. Any chance of pics of how you house your collection?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great scorps you have there, wish we could keep Cents over here :(. Any chance of pics of how you house your collection?
sure thing.

The lamp on the left normally points to the bicolor and liosoma

LEFT TO RIGHT
top row: H. arizonensis juvi, P. liosoma slings, H. paucidens slings, P. trans slings, Tityus serralatus, H. caboverdensis slings, B. jacksoni slings
second row: S. polymorpha juvi, A. bicolor females, P. liosoma
third row: A. bicolor males, C. sculpt colonies in the back, H. caboverdensis adult, LQ's, A. australis slings, A. amourexi adults
final row: H. pallidus females (drying out the enclosures, new additions), Tityus stigmurus, C. gracilis adults (need new enclosure), R. junceus, C. gracilis slings
Bottom: B. lats, and B. dubia.

When I get my own place I'll be able to properly heat and arrange them. Just bought a new rack to put my T's on and this ones over capacity.