Green Bottle Questions

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1st off I have a 1.5" sling I gave him a cardboard tube as a hide which I change every week. For the last 2 weeks she totally webbed the tube up. So I left it in there , I didnt see her at all night or day . What was bothering me is that I put a small cricket in her cage and the cricket roamed free. Yesterday I had enough and tore the tube open . I began to freak bad as I saw what looked to be a dead Green Bottle. Then I saw her , she had no doubt molted. Do Slings of this species need water dishes? What type of enviorment do they need? I have her in a smaller plastic house . Lots of air , on a soil/peat bedding with a small plastic cap as a water dish. I never mist her enclosure , is this correct? I really wanna take GOOD care of her.With this molt she seems to lost alot of the tiger stripes on her but still has no real signs of green or blue colors yet. Oh yeah Ive also noticed if I get near her she flicks massive amounts of hair ! Is this normal ?

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds pretty normal to me. I would provide a water dish, but I do for all of my T's. I just put it on the other end of the enclosure away from the burrow and let the T decide if it wants it. Ours flicked hairs a lot at that size. As for the cardboard, I would use something a little more permanent so that you don't have to disturb her so much. They grow pretty fast. Mine would molt once a month when it was little like yours. We just gave her sticks and she webbed her own place to hide. Sounds like you are doing a fine job keeping your little greenbottle. It will be a brightly colored adult in no time!!

-Jill

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
I've always read you don't give a sling a water dish until it's about 3". You just mist the cage occasionally and the sling gets all the moisture it needs from the cricket lunch.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I belive

They like it dry no?.. may be a small water dish like a cap from a 2liter bottle of soda pop. since its about 1.5" i guess that would be sufficient. Ima buy one this week Im so exited:)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GBB's like it drier as adults, as slings they do well with a higher humidity.

Andy

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just get mine... :) Is still in the plastic cup because Im in the office...

Its my third T, here is her/his first foto

Last edited:

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nice

That's a nice little culo rojo you have there amiga. I bet you can't wait until it gets older huh?

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: nice

Originally posted by nemesis6sic6
That's a nice little culo rojo you have there amiga. I bet you can't wait until it gets older huh?
Thanks... yes :) although after seen the eating post with the baby mouse and the lizard, I don´t know if I prefer them little :)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
ines68... how do your co-workers like that? I get my Ts at work too because I don't want them sitting on my porch all day! I always open them up and show the whole office!!! They're SO polite, they even pretend to like them!!!

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: nice

ROFL....Culo Rojo....that is cute!!!

-Jill

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah

I tought it was so funny also. I'm thinking of getting a culo rojo soon my self since they have such a nice funny name

geo

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
ines68... how do your co-workers like that? I get my Ts at work too because I don't want them sitting on my porch all day! I always open them up and show the whole office!!! They're SO polite, they even pretend to like them!!!
=D =D =D I work with a lot of crazy people... one of mi co-workers is arachnophobic and I think she is the only one that get frighten... but even she saw it (realy strange curiosity over panic)

Originally posted by arachnopunks
ROFL....Culo Rojo....that is cute!!!

-Jill
I tought it was so funny also. I'm thinking of getting a culo rojo soon my self since they have such a nice funny name

geo
=D =D =D =D

Last edited:

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well for all u GBB owners, what is the best way to get a gbb to make a large web? i mean, do u just throw it inthere and let it go to work or what? i ask this cuz my supposedly webby OBT made a pretty weak web retreat compared to some of the pics ive seen of this species....

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Birds gotta sing, kids gotta play, GBBs gotta web the heck out of its cage. Mine is the size of a 50 cent piece and webs like crazy. They go right to it.