Green Bottle Blue sling

TarantuLover81

Arachnosquire
I have a GBB sling that is about 1-1.5 inches. I got it from a friend who didn't have time to take care of it. It has orange and black on it abdomen and carapace, also its got a really pretty teal color from the top of its thighs to its knee. I'm wondering how old this sling might be and how long does it take to mature into its adult colors? I understand how fast these guys can be. I keep a good eye on it when I have to open the lid...however..it doesn't seem as jittery as I thought it would be. Don't worry...this is a look,don't touch specimen. Also, gotta send a shout out to my 5 yo B. smithi who molted a few days ago!

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
How old it is doesn't really matter, since individuals grow differently depending on temperature, how often they eat, etc. rather the size is more important. I have a GBB that is about that size and I think they are their mature colors at 3 inches? Someone else should feel free to correct me on that, lol.
You'll love it, btw :D GBBs are awesome to own, always a joy.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Well, you don´t really think of T´s in terms of age (as in months or years). How many times they have moulted is more important to them. Do you happen to be in possession of a photograph of the spider in question? It might be of tremendous help to us :)

TarantuLover81

Arachnosquire
How old it is doesn't really matter, since individuals grow differently depending on temperature, how often they eat, etc. rather the size is more important. I have a GBB that is about that size and I think they are their mature colors at 3 inches? Someone else should feel free to correct me on that, lol.
You'll love it, btw :D GBBs are awesome to own, always a joy.

TarantuLover81

Arachnosquire
Thank you all for your help. It looks exactly and I mean EXACTLY like the GBB along on the profile pic of Paulapetshop. I mean they could be one in the same. Thanks for your help!!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Congratulations on adopting a GBB! Gorgeous creatures, and yes ... can be quite fast. Mine has an excellent feeding response unless pre-moult. Mine has webbed the mess out her digs. I literally have to punch a hole through to fill her water dish. :)
I think you're in for a lot of joy keeping yours!

cold blood

Staff member
Thank you all for your help. It looks exactly and I mean EXACTLY like the GBB along on the profile pic of Paulapetshop. I mean they could be one in the same. Thanks for your help!!
Its not like puppies, with tarantulas they pretty much all look the same aside from variances based upon where they are in the molt cycle.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Pictures could help. I love my GBB's, good eaters, always busy, and growing like crazy. Don't forget to keep them dry with a waterdish, even as slings they hate moisture. Do you own any other T's? :)

TarantuLover81

Arachnosquire
Yes I have several others. I have an adult B smithi, 2 B. Smithi slings, a B emilia sling, a B. Albopilosum sling, an adolescent B. vegans. an adolescent A. avic.And my GBB.

I always have sworn they are just like potato chips!!!

:happy:

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I have a GBB sling that is about 1-1.5 inches. I got it from a friend who didn't have time to take care of it. It has orange and black on it abdomen and carapace, also its got a really pretty teal color from the top of its thighs to its knee. I'm wondering how old this sling might be and how long does it take to mature into its adult colors? I understand how fast these guys can be. I keep a good eye on it when I have to open the lid...however..it doesn't seem as jittery as I thought it would be. Don't worry...this is a look,don't touch specimen. Also, gotta send a shout out to my 5 yo B. smithi who molted a few days ago!
If you're wanting to know its "birthday", find the individual who bred them. Otherwise its just a guess on age. ;)

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
Mine had full adult colors at around 3.5 inch DLS. matured into a male at just under 4.5 inch DLS. I got mine at about 2 inches DLS and, if I remember correctly, it took roughly a year to mature with weekly feedings.