great news!!!!!!!!

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
most of u probably dont remember.... but a while back i posted about my Usambaras bad molt. when it molted, everything went great except for its fangs..... it couldnt retract its fangs back into its mouth, and they would just stick strait out. every time i would try to feed her, she would catch the cricket, but then would try as hard as she could, but couldnt get her fangs into it. it was really sad:( , and i thought about just going ahead and putting her in the freezer so she wouldnt starve to death. well, i decided to try and wait it out.......AND IT PAID OFF! this morning when i looked at her she has molted!.......... now i just need to wait till i can get a good look at her and see if she has repared herself.

please keep your fingers crossed for my little baby:)

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey lopez..... amazingly it didnt eat at all during the time that it had its bad molt! its fangs have been like that for almost 2 months. Im not sure about drinking....she may have.

yes, i read about ur lil GBB.... im sorry.... hopefully ur story will turn out as good as mine...... and just to let u know... my little usambara is not much bigger than ur spider.

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Iam

i meant that i thought about putting her in the freezer to get her death over with so that she wouldnt have to suffer

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
Freezer...?
Lam, I hope after all this time you know what he meant by that comment....

Atrax

p.s. I'm not one to talk as of late. I've been about as sharp as road-kill possum this past week. :rolleyes:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
AB, That is excellent news indeed! Best of luck with her. PLease let us know how she is soon.

Atrax

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by ACoopBB24
hey lopez..... amazingly it didnt eat at all during the time that it had its bad molt! its fangs have been like that for almost 2 months. Im not sure about drinking....she may have.

How old is that T? Can they just decide to molt when they know that they're damaged? :?

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she is not very old.... she is now probably about 2" now.... and when she had the bad molt i was asking around about whether they can almost force themselves to molt to repair themselves. I got replies saying that they could. In my case i dont think that this was a "force" molt, b/c it has been 2 months since its last molt. but the thing that puzzles me is how can a T grow and molt without eating? you got me:?

does any1 know?

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: Iam

Originally posted by ACoopBB24
i meant that i thought about putting her in the freezer to get her death over with so that she wouldnt have to suffer
Gotcha. The reason I was confused was because of what followed the word freezer, "...so she wouldnt starve to death." I work in a lab and sometimes we put things in the freezer to slow down their metabolism (and I'm talking plants and bacteria). When I responded last time, I was in the same thinking mode. I was like "you can do that with tarantulas too?"

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Re: Iam

Originally posted by lam
Gotcha. The reason I was confused was because of what followed the word freezer, "...so she wouldnt starve to death." I work in a lab and sometimes we put things in the freezer to slow down their metabolism. When I responded last time, I was in the same thinking mode. I was like "you can do that with tarantulas too?"
Whew! I knew you weren't spending THAT much time in the watering hole, Lam! ;) ;P

Atrax

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Iam

Originally posted by Atrax
Whew! I knew you weren't spending THAT much time in the watering hole, Lam! ;) ;P

Atrax
Ha! Take a look at my number. It's climbing.

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
finally!!!!!

i now have the official great news..... the usambara ate today!!!!!!!!!...... i was really scared this morning, b/c it looked like she was starting to go into the death curl, and when i moved the cage around, it didnt move much. but i think that she is going to make it!