Great news

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I finally have pseudomops septrionalis first instars.

I found the babies in the container I was keeping them before I transfered them to a 10 gallon tank.

I'd post pictures of the younguns, but there's really no point. 30 babies don't even cover the floor of the smallest Thornton plastics vials they handed out at last arachnocon.

Think smaller than drosophilia hyedii. They're somewhere between the size of drosophilia meganolaster and D. hyedii.

I'm really excited because these will make great feeders. These guys are small enough for even the smallest slings.

I'm working on having some for sale, but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. :(

Luis138

Arachnopeon
Congratulations. After trying for while I am finally getting some of those. Any tips on their care?

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wanted those, but Never could find them, hows caring for them?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's pretty easy. I give them a 2oz delicup filled with a 50/50 mix of wheat germ and powdered milk and I give them a delicup filled with dogfood (19% protien) and another delicup filled with dogfood, powdered milk and wheat germ all ground together in equal ratios.

Once a week, I give them an apple and leave it in there for three days, unless I see traces of mould (it is immediately removed the second I see signs of mould).

I keep mine on a half and half tank. Half the substrate is moist, the end where the food is is kept bone dry.

They are in a 10 gallon tank with vasiline around the top and are covered with a sliding lid and an extra top that is specially modified.

The first top has a sliding cover. The second top is covered in pantyhose to ensure there are no escapes.

Inspect the dry end every few days for eggcases and leave them in an area of the cage that is moist to the touch.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Found three more eggcases in my other container, which brings my total of potentially viable eggcases up to five, not including the one that is still attached to the mother.

I already had at least one hatch with 32 youngsters.

:)