dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that T above is munching on a cricket, by the way.. heres another

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its amazing to 'raise' them from this size to like 6 inches, huh?
you can barely feel them climbing on you!

pce
dave

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heres my baby B. albo
Tiny and fast. It ran up my arm, across my back, around my neck and down the front before i could round it up.:eek:

Ernie

Attachments

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great pics of your little ones everybody. I need to get me another one of these,mine ended up being mature male on it's last molt. Good luck with your slings guys=D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
damn MrT

you gotta be careful with that thing?! Great pics! Whats the feeding habits of yours?

Spidertwin-- go buy three more :)

pce
dave

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Damn, MrT...I thought Dave had a tiny sling, but wow...yours is tiny!

Bry

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got mine at MR.t's size in Feb now its an inch and eats everything.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's my little B.albopilosum. It is bigger now because it just molted but, it hasn't come out of its burrow yet, but once it does i'll post a newer picture.

Attachments

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man i love slings at this size! They're like carbon copies of adults, except not as bitchy or cranky yet :)

seriously though, i really dig 'raising' them from this size -- i've said it before, but you really really really get to know the T, and watching it from literally, birth to death, you really get a good look at the whole spectrum of a T's life!

nice pics, mike! off catching anymore phiddipus audaxes?! :)

peace,
dave

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, nah no new phiddipus audaxes! But i forgott to tell you, mine molted into maturety just a few days ago, i can't tell it's sex but it is now mature, before it had yellow/orangey spots, now they are white and i read when they turn white they are mature. It's pretty cool, i'll have to get some new pictures of it up..
Mike

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well heres my curly haired, though hes molted a few times - hes about 2 1/2 to 3 inch now - but i just got my camera and i guess this is good a place as any to post a pic :)

by the way, sorry for pic quality - havnt figured out how to use camera yet and the little fella wasnt really up for posing today,

Stu.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What a great pic, Stu! Yeah, its a little blurry, but no big deal, the pic came across perfect!!!

Man, i can't wait till my brood of B.albo's get that big!

Is yours cranky?
peace
dave

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
'is yours cranky?'

Dave, he isnt cranky at all, I found him to be very docile, he doesnt mind being handled, he eats well, and seems to spend a lot of time out in the open.

Though this is the only curly I have owned (yet) - are curlies cranky generally? I heard they were all pretty docile.

Saying that he was pretty jittery today - maybe he had stage fright - he really didnt want his photo taken :)

I gonna get some little slings of this species soon though - those little guys look cool :)

Stu.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is my a pic of one of my female Brachypelma albopilosum, this is one of my breeders.

Attachments

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i'd also heard that curlys were amazingly calm and docile making them an excellent beginner pet.

is that just the lighting or does yours have some blue on him/her? i thought they all pretty much looked like that last pic of the breeder.

nice looking T. :) (both of them)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, the underrated-ness of the B.albopilosum! :)

And yes, they tend to be very docile and calm (more so than the rosea in my opinion, and i'm sure others would agree ;) )... they are very good eaters, and are, in my opinion, a MUCH better starter species than the rosea... Also,the E.campestratus.

I'm not saying that all of them are so docile and calm, I mean, hell, flip back over the past couple days (and weeks) and youll find 2 or 3 posts saying how aggressive their G.rosea's are... And then you'll find 2 or 3 posts saying how amazingly calm their G.rosea's are...

But, in my opinion, the B.albopilosum and PZB are generally more stable and a better starter T than the G.rosea...

but that's just my opinion :)

peace,
dave

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
skadi -

Yeah - he does look to have blueish tinges on his legs, his hairs also look pink rather than golden too...

Anyone else noticed this on their curly?

since this is my only curly for now I have nothing to compare colours too...

must rectify this soon :)

stu.