gravid Euathlus sp red

jb62

Arachnosquire
I have a gravid Euathlus sp red that was mated before I got her and she has not made a sack and was wondering if any one has bred this sp?.
If so what conditions do I need to get a sack!.

cheers.

Lawnmower599

Arachnosquire
I have a gravid Euathlus sp red that was mated before I got her and she has not made a sack and was wondering if any one has bred this sp?.
If so what conditions do I need to get a sack!.

cheers.
the sac will take anywhere up to 1 month to 6 months to be produced so in time she will lay but it all depends
when was she mated?

jb62

Arachnosquire
the sac will take anywhere up to 1 month to 6 months to be produced so in time she will lay but it all depends
when was she mated?
11/4/10 ( here's the report from her last owner )

Both M and F enclosures were double tanked in a tub.. Male wandered about for a while but stopped and started juddering and drumming as soon as he entered the female's enclosure. He approached the entrance to her burrow still juddering and drumming his palps on the substrate. The female was very receptive, coming out of the burrow and approaching the male, at which point he tried to lift her several times. Successful inserts were observed on the 5th attempt. After separation the female retreated to her burrow while male became agitated and aggressive and was removed.-----

Hope this helps.

Lawnmower599

Arachnosquire
Its still early should be laid in another month
just give her time, feed her well and check on her regularly (like 3-4 times a week) once you see a sac pull it 25-35 days later and then incubate the eggs;)

jb62

Arachnosquire
I have one of these and she's super sweet and docile. One of my favorites.
I agree ;-) and Eupalaestrus weijenberghi are lovely too just as nice,
My girl is waiting on a moult and I had tried hard to get Eupalaestrus weijenberghi, So when she came up for sale I jumped at it,,
Both fantastic t's and handle wonderfully.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

just give her time, feed her well and check on her regularly (like 3-4 times a week) once you see a sac pull it 25-35 days later and then incubate the eggs;)
Thanks I'll do that . :)
I just didn't want her to moult and lose the sperm because of me.

jb62

Arachnosquire
I checked on her and she has blocked up her hide entrance !.