Grammostola sp. "Concepción" - Mature Male

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This guy is two weeks freshly matured. I was a bit surprised to see this male matured it was unexpected time to do more pairings. It's very nice to see nice photos of this species they are beautiful. I feel that the males also need some recognition.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
This guy is two weeks freshly matured. I was a bit surprised to see this male matured it was unexpected time to do more pairings. It's very nice to see nice photos of this species they are beautiful. I feel that the males also need some recognition.

Looks very similar to my Grammostola rosea MM. Awesome specimen.:)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Here's my 1 year old Grammostola rosea MM. Camera doesn't pic up the brilliant red very well, but in person it looks like @Exoskeleton Invertebrates 's specimen color wise. Note the differences in the carapace.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Are the males lacking in the arrow shaped hairs on the front legs? They are pretty predominant on my female.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are the males lacking in the arrow shaped hairs on the front legs? They are pretty predominant on my female.
No sure I'm understanding the arrow shape but one thing for sure even after the Grammostola sp. "Concepción" matures on the bottom part of the metatarsal they will still have the bulging disc.

This photo is of an old male that has passed on to a better place.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
@BobBarley yes those bristles. My concepcion has them but my rosea does not.
That's interesting, my female rosea has them, but to a lesser extent compared to my MM rosea.
No sure I'm understanding the arrow shape but one thing for sure even after the Grammostola sp. "Concepción" matures on the bottom part of the metatarsal they will still have the bulging disc.

This photo is of an old male that has passed on to a better place.

@Blue Jaye Is talking about the bristles on the legs. Check the second pic of the MM rosea I sent above. You can see the bristles on legs 3 and 4 very well. They are hidden among the setae, but they are stiffer to the touch like spikes on a cactus.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah someone pointed that out to me. So this is what I'll do, I have dead specimens mature male and female Grammostola sp. "Concepción" I will take photos of the legs with my macro lens later today.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These photos are of my dead specimens Grammostola sp. "Concepción". The first set of 6 photos are of the mature male.

Mature Male

Female

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Definitely has the bristles, but they are far more reduced than in my G. rosea MM. Great pics as always.:)

Last edited: