Grammostola pulchra won't eat since February 2022

Alatse

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, my girl of Grammostola pulchra won't eat since February 2022, she afraid of food, she runs away from it. I dont know why its happening. Has someone any idea why she wont eat? Abdomen as you can see is not full and seems small.

Attachments

cshouston

Arachnopeon
The abdomen looks great. Grammostola are well known for long periods of fasting. Just give it time and try not to worry!

goonius

Arachnoknight
Our pulchra fasts longer than any other species we own. When we first got her, she ate a few times and then buried herself for about 9 months. Most recently she has refused food since April. Since yours looks healthy I wouldn't be too concerned.

Two questions: How frequently did you feed her before she began fasting? We started spacing out pulchra feedings more that most of our other Ts and this seems to have made the fasting periods a little shorter. Second, have you tried different prey items? Our pulchra is one of the few Ts we never bother to try dubias with. She's really picky and weird about her food. A different prey item may elicit a different feeding response.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi guys, my girl of Grammostola pulchra won't eat since February 2022, she afraid of food, she runs away from it. I dont know why its happening. Has someone any idea why she wont eat? Abdomen as you can see is not full and seems small.
it’s fine

olivianicole

Arachnopeon
mine has been in premolt and fasting since i got it. it ate maybe a couple times then stopped. it’s been about a year now. just continue to give water and wait it out

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Not a problem. Mine lasted 11 months without a meal before molting...

Do not overfeed and keep it partially moist (a small spot arount the hide) and won't do such things.

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That’s a suitably thick lady! I wouldn’t worry unless you see any notice or shriveling of the abdomen.
These are capable of going up to a year or so without eating.