Grammostola aureostriata gone arboreal

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. aureostriata has been hanging out at the top of his enclosure for about a day now. Is this because she doesnt really like the water I put in dish or what? Also does anyone have problems with their chacos being finicky eaters?

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mine usually does that after i have changed the substrate out. it usually becomes disgusted and hangs out on the sides refusing to put one leg onto the new substrate. as to eating, my aureo eats whatever. it has never refused food when not in premolt. hope this helps.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't worry, mine did that and came down the next day, also I noticed if it's cool in the room and it warms up my aureostriata climbs up top to get some heat. It's 68-69 in my study and if it heat is on or the heat from the fireplace downstairs warms up the house to 71-72 it climbs up. After the heat goes off and it's back a couple degrees cooler it climbs down and is back on the floor or in it's hide. Don't worry if it's a day or so, if this persists for a week and past that then we'll have to see about other issues.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In general, there are no finicky eaters in the T world. I imagine there are a few individuals out there that don't like some things but over all, a T is not picky about dinner.

Last edited: