Grammostola alticeps

Jack III

Arachnocultured
Old Timer
I recently received a G. alticeps. This is my first of this species. It is about 1.25" and has a great appetite so far. Anyone have some interesting experiences with this T? :D

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I received one as a freebie from John Hoke. It matured into a male about three months ago. He has a very good appetite and is very good-natured. As far as appearance, he was a fairly unremarkable black until his final molt. He now has very nice long red hairs on his legs and very large spurs. I took some pictures. (I haven't had the time to post them, yet.) It was really difficult to capture the iridescence. I still don't have a good picture that shows the red legs and the shiny black cephalothorax in the same snapshot. By the way, he doesn't match the descriptions very well, i.e., he isn't gray at all. Are the females gray?

Karen N.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by JP version 1.0
I don't think I did that right. Oh well:?
That's okay, I just fixed it for you. Works fine now :)

Scott

Jack III

Arachnocultured
Old Timer
Thanks for the link to the old thread and the pics. Much obliged.

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I finally got around to trying to post a picture and, hopefully, I'll do this right. I took this pic with a Nikon Coolpix 5000, using natural sunlight, no flash. The flash really messed up the colors, everything was washed out.

Karen N.

Attachments

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Karen...

If you still have that mature male I have a female that I've been hunting a mate for for some time now.

Phil