Grammastola Psychosis

jduwaik

Arachnopeon
I will, I'm wondering why the breeder said to keep it damp though. I'll keep where the water bottle is a little damp but everywhere else dry. Thank you 😊

0viWan

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter +
I will, I'm wondering why the breeder said to keep it damp though. I'll keep where the water bottle is a little damp but everywhere else dry. Thank you 😊
I think if your environment has very low humidity in general this might make sense.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
This was G pulchra on 2/3/24 laying down.

Now he/she is up and running around
This is why I was concerned, but if they seem to be doing fine then they probably are.

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
My spider still isn't eating and it's been 3mouths. He/she has made a small tunnel under their hide and seem to be relaxed in there environment.
This is not any signs of psychosis, if anything it is very expected normal behavior. Sounds like it’s settling in well

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I feed once everyweek. Sometimes twice to see if made it would get something out of it. The abdominal area is still the same size as when I got it, I would say regular size it's not huge or super big/wide but not smaller then the head.
Sent a picture of the enclosure and a close up of Grammostola pulchra
I would give it a larger water dish than that tiny bottle cap. I use 2.4 oz soufle cups.

Also, the image of it death curling is concerning, even if it got back up.

cold blood

Staff member
I mist once a week
Stop doing this...there is no good reason do mist a pulchra...doing so on a schedule is a bad habit with any t...never mist or add water on a schedule, this should only be done on an as needed basis...and theres never a need with a pulchra.
I do have springtails inside the enclosure to
Ridiculous for this to be suggested. Springtails breathe through gills, and require constant and consistent moisture to breathe....and are therefore pointless and not suitable for any t that is to be kept dry....like a pulchra.
This is what the breeder told me to do
That list is garbage, forget everything that "breeder" listed for you.
has actually ran out of the enclosure to escape the mist. After she stays on the walls for a bit the walks around the enclosure
Thats because this species hates being misted or really any dampness.
will, I'm wondering why the breeder said to keep it damp though.
I think we all are wondering that.

jduwaik

Arachnopeon
Okay so I will have to change her cage..how often and what should I do about her now

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don’t think you have to change the cage. Just let it dry out.
Ts hate when they are rehoused. Takes them a while to settle back in. Only do it when necessary due to growth.
If you remove food boluses as they’re made the enclosure stays clean for years.

jduwaik

Arachnopeon
Okay thank you..I did recently get it a new hide for safety and they seem to be settling in okay with it. With feeding to remove the food if the G pulchra doesnt eat after couple of mintues.