Grammastola Concepcion (newbie)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
http://wwI.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/vivariums-and-accessories/vivariums/exo-terra-large-flat-faunarium--(in-store)

Would the lid on this be suitable? I know someone mentioned about getting her leg caught in holes and don't want that happening.
That is the European equivalent of a KK, would work well i think.
As for the heat pad, u could use it, but not attached to the enclosure like it is now. Put it near the enclosure, preferably a bit high up, and keep two or three cm between it and the side of the enclosure.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/vivariums-and-accessories/vivariums/exo-terra-large-flat-faunarium--(in-store)

Would the lid on this be suitable? I know someone mentioned about getting her leg caught in holes and don't want that happening.
The feet can get caught in a screen but I wouldn't worry about a critter keeper. The plastic design and the spacing of the vents isn't an issue. As far as the door, the plastic feels kinda flimsy. I still mostly use critter keepers. About 98% of the time, I just unhinge the lid off one end and lift it up. In almost all incidences, the tarantula just sits there. Even my neurotic OBT just sits there (although I am watching for the slightest movement and the lid is just slid down a bit). The plastic on those lids is flexible and the doors take a bit of force to snap in. I worry more about long term drying and fatigue on the plastic. There is a brand that the little top lid locks by sliding instead of pressing. I have one that was given to me, not sure of the brand. It works well though.

The only other thing is that it seems that you have a desire for the large size so your T can have more room. Frankly, they just don't need that much and will actually do better in a bit smaller of a space. It makes finding food easier they just seem to like it a bit more cozy. At 3" the large is a bit too large.

Rachel87

Arachnopeon
I had read somewhere else about putting the heat mat near the tank instead of against it. Might try that during the night when the temp drops.
Tbh I don't mind the size of the tank as a smaller would be better so will have a look at the actual tanks when I pop to the shop.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I fail to understand why a lot of people keep writing "grammastola" instead of (genus) Grammostola, or "emelia" instead of Brachypelma emilia. This fact piss me off and you don't know how much :-s