got some pics yall

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok im the guy that was all kinds of impatient about my spider not coming out but ill show you what i found when i persuaded him with the chopsticks..lol i hope these turn out ok

also notice on one of the pics the middle one the colors on his toes..kinda greenish or blueish

Last edited:

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey man what kind of tarantula is that?

By the way, that enclosure is WAY too big for a spider that small. Try a jar or a vial. Your spider will be happier.:)

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
whoops.. yeah this is a singapore blue. and yeah i know the container is like new york city to a troll but he can grow into it i just am lazy like that.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
whoops.. yeah this is a singapore blue. and yeah i know the container is like new york city to a troll but he can grow into it i just am lazy like that.
Well, man...it can stress your spider out too much...and I don't think you'd want to lose a tarantula such as a Singapore blue. I'd say consider changing enclosures. It may help avoid dissapointment later.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree with slash. You need to find a pickle jar or something and move him into there till hes much bigger, Plus you want to give him things to climb on if he wants to. They seem to be semi arboreal in captivity, but regardless hes going to want to climb. Plus I bet he trys to escape out the lid. I know he can I have seen them do it.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
see i just lost my P. Murinus or OBT and he was in a pretty big tank too but agin was like 3-4" so honestly i like to let them have some room to hang around. This is just a small cricket container but the only way i could figure out how to controll the tempature is keep him in a controlled enviroment. so this container is inside of a 10 gallon tank wich is being monitored by a intense computer system...lol:?

dont mind my mess around the appt.

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have to ask what in the heck is going on with that setup? I see tubes and wires and lights I hope are not heat lights but that close to the screen top it would not matter, you are sucking the life out of that tank with heat coming in like that.
You can keep your T at comfortable room temps. So if you walk into your room and its nice to you and you are ok your Ts are ok.

Last edited:

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you know he/she hasnt molted yet since ive had him but my problem earlier was that he was hiding and havent seen him for a while but seems fine now. He dug another burrow under the toilet paper roll and is in hiding agin so maybe your right maybe he's getting ready to molt or something.

i dont know if you could see the dates in the pictures but literly this is only been a couple of weeks. so hes defently growing

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have to ask what in the heck is going on with that setup? I see tubes and wires and lights I hope are not heat lights but that close to the screen top it would not matter, you are sucking the life out of that tank with heat coming in like that.
You can keep your T at comfortable room temps. So if you walk into your room and its nice to you and you are ok your Ts are ok.
sorry dude the weather here in maryland is crazy my tank goes from 80 at midday to 60s or so by atleast after midnight. i only keep the tank at about 75-80 at most...i do have a humidity pump there on the side that is keeping humidity at 60% or more but no more than 75% BUt during the winter its hard even with that heat lamp to keep above 70 for the spiders. There also is another lamp wich is to set the mood at night...{D and that keeps the temp ok throughout the night. But its june here in maryland...lol and i havent had the lamps on in about a month the cage stays at 80 or lower without any help at all.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
have you thought about getting a space heater and setting it to like 75? then its perfect for you and the spider. im moving to a cold climant rather soon so my plan is to give the T's there on closet compleate with a space heater to make sure everyone is happy..

its a hell of allot easyer then dealing with that kind of lighting youve got going on.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My local temps also go as low as 60 at night, and it's been up to about 85 in the day. My Ts are fine. I wouldn't worry about a heat lamp. And you don't really need the humidifier, you could probably just mist a few times a week if necessary.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sorry dude the weather here in maryland is crazy my tank goes from 80 at midday to 60s or so by atleast after midnight. i only keep the tank at about 75-80 at most...i do have a humidity pump there on the side that is keeping humidity at 60% or more but no more than 75% BUt during the winter its hard even with that heat lamp to keep above 70 for the spiders. There also is another lamp wich is to set the mood at night...{D and that keeps the temp ok throughout the night. But its june here in maryland...lol and i havent had the lamps on in about a month the cage stays at 80 or lower without any help at all.
Don't use heat lamps though.. they're not good for the spiders. Use heat mats or some sort of oil filled radiator if you need to. But lights are bad.

MsDemeanor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tank overkill, I live in Mass and the temps are crazier then yours I think LOL.
all of mine live at ambients just fine.