Got my P. murinus last night!

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
My little 1" P. murinus ate three crickets not ten minutes out of the packing material! He/She proceeded to molt into a 1 1/2" P. murinus this morning.. {D

Talk about exciting. I've only had one little guy before and will probably rarely buy adults ever again. The slings are so much more fascinating.
I also got these as .75" slings
G. aureostriata
H. lividum
C. crawshayi
P. pulcher
and a little .5" A. braunshauseni
The C. crawshayi is already underground, but took two crickets today. Everybody's already eating good. I couldn't believe how fast that H. lividum was. When we unwrapped him, he started runnin. I still got him into his new jar, but, I had my husband ready with the lid, which he dropped while shrieking like a little girl. Quite exciting. {D
Sorry to post so much. I have a feeling I'll earn some kind of award for "Most Annoying Forum Newbie."
Oh yeah, how long should I wait to feed the little P Murinus? I've noticed some say 2 days, some say 4 some say a week. Is there any way I can tell by looking at him?

Last edited:

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was always told about a week but being that is kinda small id say about 3 days or till you notice the fangs arent red. But agin others on here might have differnt opinons...i think it depends on just the t not nessasarly any kind of time frame

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try offering a crix at 3 days, if not eating yet, try at 4th. A sling that size should be ready to eat after 4 days IME.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL, I'm sorry, that line about your husband "shrieking like a girl" got me.
As far as you little OBT goes (OBT stands for orange bitey thing, which is another name for your P. murinus) wait until its fangs darken up before feeding. Yes, aren't slings fun? I have 20 something slings at the moment. They are great!!!

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
That's what OBT means! I've been trying to figure that out since I started reading posts on here. I couldn't think of a single common name that matched those initials.
Alrighty, well it's fangs are still light, so I guess the little nasty critter will have to wait another day before scarin the heck out of me. lol..
It hasn't actually scared me too much yet, cause I was expecting it to be fast and I've been very careful with it. The one that startled me yesterday was the C. crawshayi sling. It has already tunneled in, so I was a bit careless taking the lid off as it was underground. Yeah, it went from not being visible to right up at the top in no time. Yikes! Must've been really hungry!

Yeah Mina, you would've really laughed if you would've seen the whole thing! There we were, both kneeling on the floor to unpack them in case any took off running. I get it unrolled out of the paper down to the last wrap and that darn thing just ran out of it and up over the side of the critter keeper I was unwrapping it in. I catch it in the jar as it runs over the side, all the dude has to do is put the lid on it. But, no, he drops the lid which I have to pick up to put over the fractious thing. It was pretty funny. By that point, he was in the next room over asking me if I caught it yet..
Yeah, I definitely love the slings. If I would've been unpacking an adult one of those, I would've definitely freaked. I don't see how people pack them, that's got to be so much worse then unpacking them.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If I would've been unpacking an adult one of those, I would've definitely freaked. I don't see how people pack them, that's got to be so much worse then unpacking them.
Only packed up a MM P. murinus once, but also did a adult H. lividum, and a adult H. maculata, one after the other... it wasn't THAT bad.