:) Got my first T!

Balconyscenex

Arachnopeon
Howdy! I'm a newcomming postee but I have lurked quite alot hehe:}
Yesterday I obtained my first T, so exciting. Grammostola rosea, and as soon as I brought him home I found that he's molting! I hope I will finally be able to sex this cute furry critter<3 (with a little help from you guys) I was so happy to save this guy from the pet store:| -_- the guy at the store wouldn't even touch him, I had to put him in the box to take him home myself. Anyways, I look forward to be apart of the forums! Hope everyone had lovely holidays!:)

Kendage

Arachnopeon
Hello there :)

Welcome to the hobby :p I happen to be new at it myself, but it sure is addicting. Congrats on your T molting so soon btw ^_^
Both my slings went into premolt as soon as I got them as well.
And again, welcome to the forum ;)

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
...Yesterday I obtained my first T, so exciting. Grammostola rosea ...
Congrats! I got a G. rosea as a Thanksgiving Day present to myself – just a little guy, 1/8” – smallest sling I’ve ever had, but he’s turned into a handful already hahahah (I mean that in a good way, don’t get me wrong) … not my first T, though, actually my 11th ... you inspired me to bring him out for a photo op - here he is, Tuppence, posing with his former self, and rudely butting in on FDR :8o (his idea, not mine ...)

...the guy at the store wouldn't even touch him, I had to put him in the box to take him home myself...
Yeah, I had an experience similar to yours when I got an avic at my local LPS a couple of months ago. The LPS personnel were having a heck of a time getting him into the box without touching him, or him them (yes, 3 of them versus 1 of him!{D) … Finally I asked if I might give it a try, and I easily coaxed him onto my thumb, across the back of my hand, and into the box. They were duly impressed – I even got an awestruck “COOL !” out of one of them. And you know what? I agree with them, it IS cool!:cool:

And coolio that you've decided to join in! Keep in touch! Be sure to let us know which T you get next!

Balconyscenex

Arachnopeon
Haha, I don't understand people-_- Such babiesss:p Were considered "brave" to hold such a thing. ololol :p

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D

Sad that the pet store clerk was so scared of this cute little angel. :D