got my babies

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I got my little babies in today
1 costa rican tiger rump
1 costa rican red
1 usumbara baboon

I almost lost the usumbara for as small as it is its fast!!!
It took my about 10 min. to catch it.
my question is if I powerfeed them how often should they molt there all less than the size of a dime right now. and can you tell a color difference before a molt. and any pictures or info on small slings would be helpfull thanks

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think alot of us here tend to feed our slings more than the adults. I think its not only the impatience of waiting for the T to mature, but also the fact that you want a nice, healthy T, and a good, varied diet as a sling is a good way to send your T off into the adult world nice and healthy!

molting will speed up, but... to me, theres a fine line between feeding, overfeeding, and powerfeeding. I'm not really into powerfeeding ("stacking" as it were).

I like to feed my slings a little bit more than i normall would.

gives them a good start in life (healthy and varied diets can never be wrong! =D )
good luck!

and check over the past 3 weeks on the list. I know there were 2 or 3 "SLING 101" posts with pics and housing info...

do a search!
peace
dave

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok just an update, the usambara has made a little dirt web thing and I can finally feed it without it freaking out and running around like its crazy. the costa rican tiger rump has dug a small indention and sits in that now. and the costa rican red is munching down a meal worm... the others are affraid of em

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
let me tell you, mine eat like pigs except for my little E. campestratus who is driving me insane. :(

good luck with them and keep us posted, where are the pics??? :)

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
don't have a digital camera yet but im getting a new computer in about a month so ill have som pics and videos up then. also the boluses are molding it looks like hair shooting out of them I pulled them out but do you think if I added more air holes it would help