Got Blue? Pics

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If my flash was not broken you would really see the blue that covers his entire body.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bluetiful lividium, I have been thinking of getting one but just not sure if I want a pet hole:?. Greg

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bearskin10
Bluetiful lividium, I have been thinking of getting one but just not sure if I want a pet hole:?. Greg
First lividum I've seen with an urticating patch.....

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll tell you what, i'm a bit worried about the colour of your hand in the first pic ;)

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by G_Wright
What is it is that a H spec blue

I believe it may be a mature male E. pulcherrimaklaasi. I have what I think is a mature female. I bought her from someone who had her for several years, but was unsure of her ID.

Here she is...

New Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was going to ask this in another thread but since the above pic shows the same thing, I'll just ask here. That area on the abdomen that is sorta gray, is that normal? I bought a Brazilian Black a short time ago and she had the same type of "patch" but neither of my other 2 Ts have it. Thanks

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes it is a mature male US pet trade E. pulcherrimaklaasi.

New guy. Yes it is normal. I don't know what the technical name is but I've always heard "mirror patch". Some sp. have it some don't.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What the heck are you talking about? There is no trace of blue anywhere. Even if there was a flash, I doubt there would be any blue at all.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My understanding is that there are or were several different species being sold under this name. I've heard that at least one of them (maybe the one I have) is actually a Paraphysa species. What does the H in the "H spec blue" stand for?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by JP version 1.0
My understanding is that there are or were several different species being sold under this name. I've heard that at least one of them (maybe the one I have) is actually a Paraphysa species. What does the H in the "H spec blue" stand for?
Homoeomma.

I think G Wright is talking about a different (but very similar) spider.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Omg our post system here in the Uk sucks I had 3 A sternalis slings and 3 H spec blue slings serposidley comming today but as usual they didn't come looks like they will have to sepen another night in the sorting office. I just hope they are ok.

You whoult think that if you send something as 1st class it would be treated as 1st class post not 2nd class.

A little message to the post office.

(get ya selves sorted out you RETARDS)

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
Hello
Why are there extra long hairs in tufts on the legs? It looks kinda like a cricket...ewww...
sorry, glad you like him and all, but those legs need to be Nair'd. (JK)
D.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So this 'new' Homoeomma sp. 'Blau' is in fact what the U.S trade calls E. pulcherrimaklaasi ?

That makes sense I guess, since the 'common' Homoeomma looks very similiar to the pulcherrimaklaasi, but it is still a little disappointing.

What seems odd is that I've heard E. pulcherrimaklaasi has been bred in captivity, while 'Homoeomma sp' has not; if this is true, isn't it a tad strange?

G_Wright: You should never get your hopes up about the postal service. It's the same here: absolutely horrible. If I order something from Germany, it takes 1 day for the package to get out of Germany, and four for it to travel through Sweden.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
homoeoma sp here in the STates is called commonly "cobalt redrump"(cyclosternum sp. or chromatopelma sp.) and has not bred succesfully any where...

any ways the homoeomas G_ wright is talking about is what im pretty sure E. pulcherrimaklaasi here in the states.