Gooty sapphire

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I’ve attached some pictures, I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to tell me better than I can tell you.
Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to tell unless I was physically there to inspect it. You can take a Q tip (or your finger, if you want) and gently wipe at it. If it starts coming off, it's mold.

Georgia

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to tell unless I was physically there to inspect it. You can take a Q tip (or your finger, if you want) and gently wipe at it. If it starts coming off, it's mold.
And if it doesn’t.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Ok, it is not mold.
Assuming that means whatever it is, it's not coming off and seems to be on/in the T itself. It looks like it's over the booklung... I wonder if booklungs can get infected?

So either that spot is directly responsible or is a side effect of whatever is responsible for your Ts death.

You never did answer about the ventilation, how well ventilated is the lid? If it wasn't very thoroughly ventilated and your main source of hydration for your sling was pouring water into the substrate/misting, that could create a stagnant, stuffy, and humid environment that's dangerous for slings. While Poeci slings definitely need some moisture in their substrate, it needs to be compensated with adequate ventilation. Misting especially causes this type of issue, as the water quickly evaporates unlike it would in the substrate, where the moisture would be retained for a longer period of time. For future reference, any sling housed in an enclosure large enough to fit a water dish should have one. Pop/water bottle caps are excellent for this, and contrary to the myth does not pose any threat to your sling. Slings are buoyant and covered in water-resistant setae and will float on water.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
This is what I was told to do and how I was told to keep its setup when I bought it FROM THE BREEDER
I'm assuming you got it from a show then. Most tarantulas at reptile shows are in enclosures meant to be compact, easy to display and easy to transport. Because of this, the majority of the time the container you buy a spider in, is not one that's set up ideally.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
That's so weird. So if it's not mould, could it be some sort of ulcer?

Huntamanda

Arachnopeon
Mine has did the same and I have a huge setup for him and cork bark and plants to web on.Today I noticed he wasn’t moving and is not in the death curl, always had water from bottles on hand and misted as needed. I don’t know if he is alive or dead 😭 he looks fine and didn’t have no injuries upon checking him. I gave him water on a qtip while upside down while checking for injury. Nothing he hasn’t moved I’m heart broken if he is dead I’m gonna give him a few days tho just in case.

Attachments

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Mine has did the same and I have a huge setup for him and cork bark and plants to web on.Today I noticed he wasn’t moving and is not in the death curl, always had water from bottles on hand and misted as needed. I don’t know if he is alive or dead 😭 he looks fine and didn’t have no injuries upon checking him. I gave him water on a qtip while upside down while checking for injury. Nothing he hasn’t moved I’m heart broken if he is dead I’m gonna give him a few days tho just in case.
If it has no reaction at all, its most likely already dead
Was he a mature male? Cant tell from pics

Manny

ArachnoAquarium
Arachnosupporter
If anyone told you to keep it like that then shame on them, the fact that you believed anything that isn’t living underground can live in there, shame on you.