Good price for N. Chromatus?

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sure I'll head up there again soon, just out of curiosity I'll check to see if it's a MM. I do feel bad if it is, having to sit on a pet store shelf for who knows how long..
By chance is the store you're talking about a far drive from VA Beach?

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
By chance is the store you're talking about a far drive from VA Beach?
It's Pet World in Hampton.. They treat their herps and T's like ****. Their tortoises had mold COVERED veggies and fruit when I got pics of the T. Their snakes, several of them, are in tanks so small they are constantly banging their heads on the side trying to escape, they sell puppy mills dogs and most of their fish are sick..

But apparently the T's will drink the water crystals, so he couldn't possibly be dehydrated :rolleyes:

And yes, I would do something for him by buying him, but then they'll just fill his place with another :(

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's Pet World in Hampton.. They treat their herps and T's like ****. Their tortoises had mold COVERED veggies and fruit when I got pics of the T. Their snakes, several of them, are in tanks so small they are constantly banging their heads on the side trying to escape, they sell puppy mills dogs and most of their fish are sick..

But apparently the T's will drink the water crystals, so he couldn't possibly be dehydrated :rolleyes:

And yes, I would do something for him by buying him, but then they'll just fill his place with another :(
I've never heard of that particular store. I thought Animal Jungle was the only store in Hampton Roads that sold tarantulas. From your less than stellar review, however, I think I'll be leaving this store off my list of ones to peruse. :embarrassed:

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely don't go in there.. I posted about them having a Blondi.. What is WEIRD is they get rare-type animals in there and then treat them awful.. I mean, there was a rotten dead pacman, it was so far gone you could see it's bones poking through, and nobody had even looked in there for what must have been a week, in full view of the customers. the staff all sit up front talking while you wander about this STINKY, dirty place.. And while I get it, pinkies are food animals for snakes and whatnot, I watched one worker grab a handful of them and throw them in a plastic bag like she was scooping up pellet feed or something.. My 9yo niece had to see that and then she sat them in the bag on the counter in front of her.. They are tactless and going in there makes my blood pressure go up immediately.

I'm been meaning to go to Pet Paradise or Animal Jungle, I hear they're good.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Definitely don't go in there.. I posted about them having a Blondi.. What is WEIRD is they get rare-type animals in there and then treat them awful.. I mean, there was a rotten dead pacman, it was so far gone you could see it's bones poking through, and nobody had even looked in there for what must have been a week, in full view of the customers. the staff all sit up front talking while you wander about this STINKY, dirty place.. And while I get it, pinkies are food animals for snakes and whatnot, I watched one worker grab a handful of them and throw them in a plastic bag like she was scooping up pellet feed or something.. My 9yo niece had to see that and then she sat them in the bag on the counter in front of her.. They are tactless and going in there makes my blood pressure go up immediately.

I'm been meaning to go to Pet Paradise or Animal Jungle, I hear they're good.
Animal Jungle isn't exactly leading the way when it comes to proper tarantula care, either. I can't speak for the treatment of their other animals, but they get a failing grade when it comes to Ts. I rescued my H. lividum from there. They had it on less than a half inch of some sort of wood chip substrate with no water dish. I've also seen Avics kept in little kritter keepers with no height to them at all, and no water dishes all around. It's quite depressing, really.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aw, really? Well good thing I didn't make the drive up there to be disappointed.

Have you been to Pet Paradise?

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Aw, really? Well good thing I didn't make the drive up there to be disappointed.

Have you been to Pet Paradise?
No, I haven't been there, hadn't even heard of it before today. This thread has me thinking I'll be making a trip there after work today, though! Do you know for sure they sell Ts?

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not sure, you could give them a call. I've never been..
http://www.petparadisevb.com/about.html
Just got back from Pet Paradise and they have a bunch of slings. Mostly Pokies and Brachypelma species. They did, however have a rather gargantuan female (so I was told) Pamphobeteus antinous that was absolutely gorgeous. I didn't ask the price though, because one that size will set you back at least a buck fifty (for a guaranteed female) online, so I'd imagine it'd be even more for a LPS.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Animal Jungle is nice. I always go there when I visit Va Beach. There is also one pet store that very good. The one where their birds roam free inside the store. They have a decent stocks of Ts. I just forgot the name of the place.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There is also one pet store that very good. The one where their birds roam free inside the store. They have a decent stocks of Ts. I just forgot the name of the place.
Do you know which part of the city it's in?

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I caved in and went back to ask about the P. antinous. Got her for 150. I couldn't help myself...

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL sounds like me, I SAY I won't get it, I leave, then I end up running back..

Sounds nice, though. Here in Hampton there used to be a place called Tonya's Super Pet Center, it was actually very nice.. They closed unfortunately but they had an awesome stock of T's.

Next time I come across the bridge I will try to stop in at the good shops.. wish cash of course :D

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The part that really impressed me with Pet Paradise was the fact they had their Ts labeled with the scientific name of the species. Their common names were off base with most (had a B. vagans labeled as a Peruvian Red Rump) but at least the scientific names were spot on. I didn't think any LPS would put forth the effort to label them as such. Hell, Animal Jungle's employees don't even know the scientific names of the Ts they sell, let alone label them on the terrariums.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's what I noticed about their site that made me lean towards visiting them. I always like seeing the scientific names on things.. Not Tiger Striped Chilean Cat-Eating Spider.. lol

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
The part that really impressed me with Pet Paradise was the fact they had their Ts labeled with the scientific name of the species. Their common names were off base with most (had a B. vagans labeled as a Peruvian Red Rump) but at least the scientific names were spot on. I didn't think any LPS would put forth the effort to label them as such. Hell, Animal Jungle's employees don't even know the scientific names of the Ts they sell, let alone label them on the terrariums.
The pet paradise you are talking about, is that the one on kellam road near virginia beach blvd? Is that the petshop where their birds are free to roam around the store premises?

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The pet paradise you are talking about, is that the one on kellam road near virginia beach blvd? Is that the petshop where their birds are free to roam around the store premises?
Yeah, Kellam and the Boulevard is Pet Paradise. I didn't see the birds roaming around, but I sure heard them! Talk about noisy. I don't think I'd be able to deal with it for an entire shift if I worked there.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Yep thats the petshop I went to buy my G. Pulchra, emperor scorpions and red knee. Ill visit Va. Beach again mid this year. That place (pet paradise) is really awesome... I hope ill be lucky when I go there again. Lol...